Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Touch z-probe and RADDS

Posted by BramV 
3D Touch z-probe and RADDS
June 18, 2017 05:50PM
Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Geetech 3D Touch z-probe sensor (http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/3DTouch_Auto_Leveling_Sensor) to my RADDS 1.5 board (using DC42 fork of reprap firmware).
I don't really understand which type of z-probe I have to select with M558 (http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M558:_Set_Z_probe_type). The text explaining the probe types seems confusing to me. The sensor generates a HIGH signal when triggered, so which probe type would I need to choose then?
And I can't really seem to find out what PIN I have to connect to on the RADDS for this probe. Does anyone know which pin I have to connect the probe-signal to?

Thanks!

Bram
Re: 3D Touch z-probe and RADDS
June 19, 2017 02:46AM
I'm using pin SERVO_PWM_3 for my probe. (See bottom left corner)
The probe definition is for a proximity sensor, pulling the signal low when triggered, so you may be lucky by just setting I=0 instead.

M574 X1 Y1 Z0 S0				; set endstop configuration // X and Y endstops only, Z-probe is endstop too

; Z probe
M558 P4 X0 Y0 Z1 I1 R0.1 H1 F120 T4800		; dive height 1mm, probing speed 120mm/min, travel speed 4800mm/min // I1=inverted

June 19, 2017 03:15AM
Thanks! If I may ask, how did you know that the firmware looks at this pin when the probe type is P4? Or did you go into the firmware to do this?
June 19, 2017 01:34PM
I followed this thread right from the beginning. Now it's a bit long to read it all, but worth a visit for RADDS starters.
June 19, 2017 02:33PM
Thanks, I will try to read it all, but can you just tell me if the PWM3 is a standard PIN for the z-probe (type 4), or if you set that yourself somehow? Because if it's the standard pin I could just do that and I'll try to read the whole thread later smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login