Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Make a Drive By Wire Circuit Control System

Posted by display 
Make a Drive By Wire Circuit Control System
June 16, 2017 04:48AM
I was thinking about how to make a drive by wire circuit control system to drive a mechanical device and if the following project is feasible,it will a simple means of doing this.
Please look at the following circuit:

It’s a motor speed sensor module circuit that its goal is to check the rate of an electric motor. It can be used to send calibrated pulses to a microcontroller-based tacho meter or similar circuit/device. The wiring of the hardware turned out to be deceptively simple. At the heart of the circuit is the OS25B10 transmissive optical sensor with phototransistor output (OC1).
Next is the venerable LM393 dual comparator chip (IC1) configured as a simple Schmitt trigger (schmitt triggers are fundamental circuits with several uses; one is signal processing, they can pull digital data out of some extremely noisy environments). The green indicator (LED1) indicates the presence of voltage applied, and the red indicator (LED2) monitors output of the motor speed sensor module. Recommended working voltage of the module is 4.5 to 5.5 volt dc.
The datasheet of LM393AD
By mechanical device, I mean, for example, a portable mobile scaffold that I can stand on and motorize it to move me around while standing on it without having to get down and move it myself. Or, building a small go-cart and electronically control the desired speed by using this speed control circuit system. Obviously there are many other applications where speed control is desired and this simple circuit you describe could be easily implemented.
I have an arduino uno and I would like to ask that if this circuit is value to make it? Have anyone here make such one? Could you give me some suggestions?
Thanks a lot !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2017 04:51AM by display.
Re: Make a Drive By Wire Circuit Control System
June 16, 2017 04:50AM

Re: Make a Drive By Wire Circuit Control System
June 17, 2017 02:09AM
Hmmm,
all I see is a simple feedback loop for a sensor. Aren't there optocouplers with inbuilt schmitt-triggers?
Don't you need a low-pass filter to reduce noise?

How accurate is the rpm sensor? A rotary encoder would be fine.
The tricky part of closed loop rpm control is finding the right PID setting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login