Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lerdge board 32 bits

Posted by titeuf007 
Re: lerdge board 32 bits
August 06, 2017 04:07AM
Have many problems with HE v6 and temperature swing a lot.
Tested with thermocouple and thermistor
Always swing a lot
Pid tuning many times

Firmware 2.00
With 1.1.7 the temperature was always constant

[drive.google.com]

This and the result of the cube test with oscillating temperatures
[drive.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 04:21AM by maralb.

DELTA Printer - Duet -Touch5" - E3D_V6
Anonymous User
August 06, 2017 04:28AM
i have 3 board and use only 1,1,7 beta 7,,no any problem detected ,,you can report bug to Lerdge support on Aliexpress or Tabao shop,, ,,let them fix it,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 04:29AM by edvard051.
August 06, 2017 04:42AM
I can not communicate with Tabao store,
I hope someone can do it for me.

I'm loading version 1.1.7

August 06, 2017 05:37AM
edvard051 pm sent
August 06, 2017 05:50AM
Video
[drive.google.com]

August 06, 2017 05:57AM
maralb
Video
[drive.google.com]

I have a link with Peter from Lerdge, I will send him a message but his reply can be slow and a little confusing to understand.
August 06, 2017 05:59AM
try Lerdge support through Aliexpress, I had excellent response through there, or was I just lucky?

I hope to get my machine re-wired this weekend, so I will report if I get same temperature issues with my V2.0 firmware and V1.02 circuit board

What version of the main Lerdge board do you have, V1.01 or V1.02? There were board changes around the temperature control circuits that might be relevant to the problem. Easiest way to tell (I think) is V1.02 has 2 fan connections, V1.01 has one and a TC/TR jumper block as in most of the instruction manual pictures (on my setup the Thermocouple/thermistor setting is set in software)
August 06, 2017 06:06AM
Before I had version V1.01 and I did not remember these issues.
Now mount V 1.02 with 2 fan connections
I'm testing the firmware 1.17 beta 7 and I'm having the same problems.
Cartridge inspection HE 12V 40w measured 3.8oHm.
The cables are ok

Activated pid tuning with Bed near Hend and cooling fan on
[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 06:12AM by maralb.

August 06, 2017 06:06AM
v1.01 has jumpers to select between TC/TR
v1.02 has a switch to select between TC/TR
v1.03 as no jumper or switch. You have to purchase the board to use either TC/TR
August 06, 2017 06:08AM
maralb
Before I had version V1.01 and I did not remember these issues.
Now mount V 1.02 with 2 fan connections
I'm testing the firmware 1.17 beta 7 and I'm having the same problems.
Cartridge inspection HE 12V 40w measured 3.8oHm.
The cables are ok

Can you test the hotend with an external temp censor?
Have you tried another thermosistor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 06:08AM by Suggy.
August 06, 2017 06:15AM
I started with a thermocouple, now I'm trying thermistor
It seems that when printing and stops everything ok
When it prints something the temperature fluctuates
I'm doing a new video test

August 06, 2017 08:57AM
All very strangemoody smiley
When it stops, it seems to keep the temperature
[drive.google.com]

Installed again V 2.0 and verified with thermocouple tester
[drive.google.com]

Check the connectors on the board
For bad welds

August 07, 2017 01:26AM
maralb
Have many problems with HE v6 and temperature swing a lot.
Tested with thermocouple and thermistor
Always swing a lot
Pid tuning many times

Firmware 2.00
With 1.1.7 the temperature was always constant

[drive.google.com]

This and the result of the cube test with oscillating temperatures
[drive.google.com]

Peter as got back to me
They are looking into for you
August 07, 2017 01:35AM
Thanks you

Even with printer stops 38/39 40 41 degrees.
The tearing should not be stable and the fan always turns on / off

I have installed and known led strips that pump light when and in print even if they are at 50%
As if there was some disturbance on the line

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2017 01:38AM by maralb.

August 07, 2017 01:55AM
marald sent you a pm
Anonymous User
August 11, 2017 08:50AM
i open Lerdge.com to download last firmware 2.0.1 version and found new designed page

[www.lerdge.com]
August 15, 2017 02:56AM
Well board is in and wired up, 2.01 firmware on Kossel Delta xl and doing most of what I expect

I *think* I got everything right, following all instructions I have, took machine parameters straight out or original working Marlin configuration file so do not think I have any issues there

The one thing that just doesn't add up for me is homing and has me scratching my head

if I hit Z home, I expected to see all 3 'arms' drive up to the end stops, then back off a little, but what it actually does is move downwards 5-10mm from position and sit there
if I hit z home again, it moves down again another 5-10mm
I tried changing motor direction, same thing (expected to see it move up and hit end stops)

My current theory is that homing may actually be a function of bed levelling? i.e. you auto level to set Z zero, and then z home just drives up the arms to 'printing height' with the end stops there as a safety stop only?

Could someone with a working Kossel and lerdge board confirm normal homing behaviour?, I think I must be missing something and also my expectations may be clouded by previously using Marlin winking smiley
August 17, 2017 07:19AM
I HATE THIS F****** BOARD.
I now have 2 units broken. First, the board started smoking when turning on on 12V.
3DSWAY said, its my fault and I need to buy a new one.
I was really pissed of and bought a new one without display for around 100$ (the stepperdrivers all burnt too...).
The new board then worked fine, but I had maaaany bugs in the firmware. First, the endstop doesnt wont to work when connected as NC...
Also, the ABL does not want to work. I wanted to update the firmware and suddenly when updating, it turned black and I cant turn it on again or flash any firmware.
I then managed to flash the firmware on my one with the help of a friend. No help from 3DSWAY!
First, the support was very fast and good. But as soon as I talked to her because oft the fifth problem, she stopped answering.
Also, I bought the relay module which arrived with a short circuit in the socket. I recabled it and then it worked. Poor quality.Also, the Z Axis endstop on the board has a damage. It doesnt recognise it when homing. It is a bug in the board. With a ramps, it works fine and whe n I plug it to the X endstop socket, it works fine too. One hour ago, I printed with firmware 2.0.1 and it was fine. The first print with this board without problems but the z endstop. Now at a second print, the display turned black after some minutes printing and the board smelled poor. The CPU burned same as my first board. I am very very angry and acidly because I put so much money in this china shit and at the end nothing works. There is no support I think and I can no longer open a dispute.

PLEASE don't buy this board! First I thought it is good, good support etc. but in the end, the bugs in the firmware and the issues with the boards hardware changed my opinion. So, really, don't buy this crap and buy any othe board. The closed firmware is also not the best idea.

--EDIT--
Also the button of the relay module broke after 10 times usage. Also, I had problems with the firmware because the UI dont wanted to update so the UI images turned into something unreadable. What is also very bad is the englisch in the firmware. Unknow endstops and so on. Every three words I can spot errors in the translation. I gave them a translation table to correct the mistakes but nothing was corrected. In firmware 2 there are even more missspells. I wanted to sell the printer with this board, but really, with this english it is a pain in the ass.

Sorry for my english and writing style, I really turned into acid after the second broken board right now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 07:37AM by JuculianD.
August 17, 2017 07:50AM
Pay close attention to the 5V limit switches and peripherals
During the connection "One by one" if you see the LEDs bounce the light
Means to be a short circuit.

If you have a relay module and it happens a short one.
After a few seconds cut off

I use 2 cards with all original end enstop accessories etc. etc.
Never any problem

August 18, 2017 03:10AM
Yes I know and I already had a short circuit on 5V. But the board was fine after that. A good feature. It can't be a wiring failure because everything works fine with ramps and the first board was grilled with only 12V.
August 26, 2017 05:29PM
LERDGE BOARD BURNED IN FIRST PRINT
i connect new board to printer,flash last firmware 2.0.1 and set up all parameter,All works fine ,Printing test cube pas perfect and i start 6 hour long print ,After 3 hours i get sparking sound and burning smell, I was to far from printer and when i cut power Board with display ,5 LV8729 stepper motors drivers and dual extruder module gone ,On board is not visible any damage but i get only 1 led diode working on board,,Board have strong Bakelite smell when was unpacked ,,,Message is sent to 3Dsway and Lerdge aliexpress support,,Must say i am very disappointing ...i have 2 board and i am very sorry i spent 280 usd on 2 boards and accessories,.

[www.youtube.com]

LERDGE BOARD BURNED IN FIRST PRINT ,,Today i install Lerdge board last version with dual extruder module and 5 Lv 8729 stepper driver All pass perfect ,flashing firmware,set up,firs test print of calibration cube 20x20m,,In middle of first print 6 hours long my board burn,,,i hear sparkling cracking sound Board ,display ,dual extruder module and LV 8729 drivers gone in the wind,,,No visible any damage on board,,I connect display to second board i have but it is not powering on,, i found on RepRap forun one more lerdge board have same situation and burned complete board few days ago ,,,,,I feel very sorry to spent 270 usd for 2 boards and full set of accessories,,,

DeTodo_3D
DeTodo_3D
Sorry the board that I got from China has the same situation, try to replace it, explain the situation and til today no word from supplier so the board is somewhere in a box.
The company is not reliable no costumer support at all, the board looks promising and beautiful but it overheat to burn itself, the mosfett are small and cant take the load of heat bed and extruder, the drivers also can be damage if the controller blows that was my case.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2017 09:44AM by edvard rahel.
August 30, 2017 12:51AM
After many messaging to Lerdge i finally get respond from Lerdge support on Aliexpress, Lerge support is fast and very good when you have some question before you make order,,When something going wrong they do not reply waitin to you quit, From begin Lerdge forse story that i use hot bed with power over 140 W and overload board ,My printer have SSR relay and 220v 600W silicone heather, , I follow support instruction and test board as require and found all 3 mosfet on board in good and working condition,Lerdge ignore results and again blame me for using hot bed ith more than 140 w m sending several time copy/paste message style "if you are using hot bed over 140 must use expansion Mosfet module", Ledge20A Power module working only on 12 V,,you can not use on 24 v power i have on my printers.
I made testing swapping display and stepper drivers to second board and found display working and stepper driver shoving correct voltage i set before,
Processor is burned, overload cause burning processor come from dual extruder module which is sent to market few week ago and this module is first ordered ever,,,,

I cry my tears for board and made very nice additional feedback and nice recommendation on Aliexpress seller page.Lost for 70 usd is good price for lesson i learn,I realise all advantage of open source firmware and community support,

Ps
Since this morning sending message to Lerdge shop and 3DSWAY are temporary blocked

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 01:17AM by edvard rahel.
August 30, 2017 02:44AM
Anyone thinking about purchasing any Lerdge parts whether it be the main board or an addon they do or anything related to 3D Printing I would suggest Delta3D in Spain. As Edvard as found out their customer service is second to none. They even offered to supply Edvard with a new board to replace the burnt out one which was not purchased through themselves (which he declined as he didn’t purchase from them). You pay slightly more but in my opinion, it’s worth every penny for the backup they supply. All emails have been answered promptly with satisfying results.
Out of 10 for this company I would give a 20+
People please try and remember this is an isolated case (only 3 that I am aware off) and a new system from a Chinese company and they have to deal with every language there is out there. I know there are translator but they don’t always translate very well, try and put yourself in their shoes and try and understand a strange language.
As for the communication between Lerdge and 3DSWAY via aliexpress this could be an issue with aliexpress and not the for mentioned stores.
August 30, 2017 07:53AM
Suggi
Lerdge keeping situation under radar,Hiding from public and it is not isolated case,One member of forum confirm he received replacement for burned board connected to SSR relay and 220v hot bed

here is his msg
"" I talked with the CEO and he sends me a new board. He said, that maybe the SSR is the fault. I should investigate for him.
I want to cooperate and help, . That they say, you would burned the board yourself is very rude, because the CEO knows that there are faulty and also said, that many persons burned their board."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 09:18AM by edvard rahel.
August 30, 2017 09:18AM
So if I'm getting this wrong someone please correct me!
Lerdge are saying it's the ssr's that is causing this problem and not the second extruer module?
Not sure how an ssr eorks inside but I was under the impression it's the same as the mosfet!
August 30, 2017 11:39AM
they say many things, up to now not one is correct
,.I am willing to help and made all measuring they ask, I risk my third board and connect stepper driver and display,to find if the are ok,,,i test all 3 mosfet as they asking and found mosfet ok,,,than lerdge come back to theory i burn board and now want new replacement, later apologise and say it is misunderstanding .Also say that CEO is not well with english and using google translator for communication with customer

i have message from 3DSWAY,,,
" I contacted Lerdge team, they said if to use a SSR, need to connect in series with resistance or make some other circuit to match, cannot connect directly. Not test SSR before, but will do that in the future."

Main suspect source for burning boards are SSR relay,,,,,Strange ,I connect MKS Base2 to printer replacing burned lerdge and print out continuous 29 hours ABS print on hot bed temperature 110 celsius and 240 celsius extruder temperature Nothing burn and all working perfect,,,

If somebody die in strange condition only way to found reason of death is autopsy and corp exam
,It is very interested that Chinese do not asking board sent back for factory exam,only guessing what can be source

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 08:06AM by edvard rahel.
September 02, 2017 06:04AM
Last answer from lerdge CEO

""I have enough confidence in our board, the board itself will not have any problems, the problem will only exist in the course of the accident, or not in accordance with our instructions strictly. Such as power is too large, cooling is not enough, Machine shell has electric, etc. ""

For burned board he say do not care,,same do not care for customer after collect money,
This is only my experience and i do not say nothing in front off people have well working board ,
For this board i really do not care from moment it blow up, I just mount back board i use before and make my printer work ,
It is experiment go bad but much better than MKS Robin and exotic board ANDCIV CM3G3 .All closed source firmware boards based on Stm32
Curiosity kill the cat

That's all from me folks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 09:14AM by edvard rahel.
September 02, 2017 08:18AM
You don't mention ""If your bord burnt i dont care""
On facebook
September 02, 2017 09:30AM
i did ,,but you did not read well, it was conversation on skype when i sent them copy of all videos posted on youtube showing overheating of processors or smoking mosfet ,,This guy did not use google translator and have high English language skills .No misunderstanding due language barrier,,He say exactly what he mean,,",I don care " Only official message i receive from my seller 3DSWAY and going to post one more time what he sent to me.It i s sorted ..finish,,closed book

" I contacted Lerdge team, they said if to use a SSR, need to connect in series with resistance or make some other circuit to match, cannot connect directly. Not test SSR before, but will do that in the future."

On Aliexpress total sold numbers of board is 145 pcs ,On taobao Lerdge sold on hinese market 120 pcs ,There is counter of selling number ,,This do not include board ordered from company building 3d printer ,,, Gecko sold 12 printers and Somars / CN Somars sell 52 printer with lerdge,, Wery impressive selling results ,On this topic we have 3 burned board fried same way .

Ian sugden/shuggy ,be happy and wish you happy printing

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 03:01AM by edvard rahel.
September 11, 2017 11:39PM
Hello, i have ordered this board, I wait....

Actually I have a corexy with Gt2560 board, and one silicon 220v on SSR, one person use this configuration, with Lerdge board?
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login