Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerbot/RepRap/etc GEN4 PCB& Components Kickstarter

Posted by makerbench 
Makerbot/RepRap/etc GEN4 PCB& Components Kickstarter
February 26, 2011 05:11PM
I took a look at the posting rules and from what I could tell this seemed within bounds, if it isn't I apologize and I'll be happy to remove it. We're a 'hackerspace' in tempe AZ and what we are doing is a batch buy for ourselves and some friends.

We have a kickstarter up for the GEN4 electronics PCBs for Makerbot, RepRap, Cubely, etc available and just today added a reward for a the PCBS and electronic components. I have seen some other discussion on this list regarding just the PCBs we had before but we had a lot of requests for the PCBs PLUS components.

So check out the new PCB PLUS electronics components on our kickstarter: [kck.st]

We are really interested in playing more with the RAMPS boards and would be interested in putting a kickstarter together for that to if people others did. We need about 25 people to make it work.

Thanks.
Re: Makerbot/RepRap/etc GEN4 PCB& Components Kickstarter
February 27, 2011 01:25AM
The new Generation 7 Electronics is designed to be made on a RepRap, so your supply shortage should go away eventually. It's still young, but proven to work already.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 28, 2011 05:14AM
I am still digesting the layout of those boards and the relative trade-offs. Is there any hard data like the analysis we did on the Gen 3 linked below for those?

[www.makerbench.com]
February 28, 2011 07:42AM
This test tells about the performance of the stepper motor, but not about the performance of the electronics. Producing a signal of 1200 Hz doesn't exactly bring electronics to it's edge. Most RepRappers run up to 3'000 Hz, or 50'000 Hz on the input signal. The later still isn't limited by the stepper driver, but by the performance of the ATmega and it's Firmware.

The good thing about open source electronics is, if you ever find a flaw, you fiy that flaw and mill or etch your new board. Problem solved.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login