Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exrtruder Programming

Posted by tomganleylee 
Exrtruder Programming
February 14, 2011 08:19AM
Hi
I am in the procsess of building a reprap mendel, i have it all togeather and have the 3 axis all moving perfectly, however i have been having problems with the extruder, i bought a new one ( wades) and had the extruder controller, programed and was able to read the tempuerature off the thermocuple (in F) howver now i cant seem to get it to complie i downloaded it again and tried uncommienting the MAX6655 line as belwo

// Temperature measurement
// Uncomment ONE of the next three
//#define USE_THERMISTOR
//#define AD595_THERMOCOUPLE
#define MAX6675_THERMOCOUPLE

however when i set it to complie i get this error:

Extruder:27: error: 'TEMP_PIN' was not declared in this scope
Extruder:28: error: 'BED_TEMP_PIN' was not declared in this scope

Line 27 is: static PIDcontrol ePID(HEATER_OUTPUT, TEMP_PIN, false);

Any ideas??? the other probem i am haviong is when i am trying to move the stepper on the extruder it is only moving in 1 direction and when it is off the extruder board it also vibrates and really does not look like it workign proably, is it possible to drive it off a stepper motro driver??

Any help will be much apreacted

Tom
Re: Exrtruder Programming
February 14, 2011 11:00AM
what files are you trying to compile? - coz there is a bunch of versions around, besides the last release or the last nightly build.
by the mentioning of "PIDcontrol" function i think you are trying the niglty build, but i cant say for sure.

I have even made a kind of stupid version myself (only bang-bang control) by chopping from stuff around, its posted in "Type K thermocouple [...]" named thread in this folder, and among other things, i was being curious if the part with max6675 works: it does compile, but no clue if actually works as i dont have one to test. I am rather pesimistic here about my own abilities of copy-paste code grinning smiley

Sorry if it may not be exactly what you are looking for, but if you wish, test it and pls post there if it works. Cheers and good luck. grinning smiley
February 17, 2011 04:01AM
I have tried code there but i was unable to get that to work, i did have it working once then i was trying to fix the extruder stepper motor, and lost the version i was using.

Tom
February 17, 2011 06:50AM
I will then add a firmware here [www.reprap.org]

and it will include the firmware for the master, although i think it should work with the current one too.

If you get a chance to use it and get it working, let me know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login