Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New 32 bits ARM MKS Robin with TFT??

Posted by Bobyni 
Re: New 32 bits ARM MKS Robin with TFT??
March 17, 2017 12:10AM
On Aliexpres Usure tech selling new version of Robin board with integrated wifi module for 48sd ,On photos are visible 2 version of board V2,1 and V2,2 with different positioned wifi module New versions do not suppoting dual extrusion,,MKS sell this version in Taobao official store for 36usd and shipping expense .For that price you get new circus in town with red ,green and blue connectors,,I belive that is only change from previous version,,

Highly recommended to avoid buying Robin board

[world.taobao.com]
March 23, 2017 07:59PM
..Just had a quick idea. Since the board is STM32 based, didn't the guys from ST port marlin to their processors line?
In theory and from far away, my guess would be that it would simply be some pin configuration and marlin would run on this board.
I could be totally off but just in case nobody thought of this case...
March 24, 2017 06:40AM
rstepanov
Maybe I'll hack Robin too, later. It looks interesting to me...

I really hope this happens... by you or someone else... as long as it could load one of the popular OS FW, that has more adjustment options.
whoever does it gets 10$ from me smiling smiley.... (if there are more people interested, someone could made nice bonus for pulling it off)

it would be ironic, if this board becomes one of the more popular with hacked FW smiling smiley

firefly97:
quick respond on e-mail is talking over 1 month to reply,
with no github updateds for over a month... smiling smiley
even with different USB cables, poor communication reliability.

so, i take same stand as few before me... avoid this board kit.
as someone once said... its better to be in a bad mood once (at time of purchase), than every time you tried to use it, even if it costed less.
if i have spent 150$ instead of 50, i might be printing already... it was calculated risk at purchase and i got burned.
unless MKS pulls something out of their ........ and makes this usable product.

and regarding set-up... why would you need to remove SD card to update configuration?!?! if you are connected over USB. Access to SD over USB should be mandatory, if SD files need to be corrected for setup.
this is nightmare for my setup, where there is no easy access to SD... (optional external SD, can/should be fitted so its accessible, but that is not my point).

as i mentioned in my e-mail to "king" smiling smiley this in not intended for end consumer, but for machine builders that have re-sorceress for finishing FW themselves.
wish i knew that before, but we learn by our mistakes winking smiley
April 16, 2017 03:25AM
I've put the board in geeetech g2s (setup that doesn't need offsets), and first prints obviously show that motion speeds can't compare to 8bit smiling smiley

but there's still obvious things... like max duty cycle of heater, main info screen on the panel...

it's been 2 more than 2 months since last FW update... not a sign of active dev.
Attachments:
open | download - P_20170416_114805_HDR.jpg (588.2 KB)
open | download - _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (178.6 KB)
July 22, 2017 03:34AM
bit of update, since no-one else mentioned anything..
for all that still have this board on the desk winking smiley

there was FW update ~1 month ago, i presume it was done in line with new board rev. witch has WIFI built-in.
some things got added, but they broke other things...

PID now has duty cycle limits, allowing wider verity of heaters...
bit more acc options, but still no jerk
wifi menu now present, even on board without wifi module
presumably dual extruders are now working, but i haven't tested it.

broken temp control?
after starting SD print (off main SD, not add-on), you cant change temp settings anymore...
even stopping print, results in leaving heaters on, restart is needed.
bug is repeatable, so you cant use ABS gcode for PLA anymore...

not tested with custom icons but previous FW worked fine with ones intended for TFT28/32

does anyone know for custom LCD menu, instead of just icons?
August 05, 2017 12:43AM
I just contact MKS on aliexpress,,respond was very slow and mis King answer very root " Can you understood now" treat me like retarded person ,it seem i robin board is not possible to configure because i am idiot and my luck of knowledge is reason for faulty board

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO AVOID MKS BOARD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login