Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

32 bit board

Posted by JoãoSantos 
32 bit board
September 21, 2016 03:59PM
Hello,
I am looking for a new controller board for a delta printer. It has to be 32 bit and it has to include 6 stepper driver slots (3 axis + 3 extruders). The drivers can be embedded in the board if they are capable of at least 1/32 microsteping. What do you think is the best option given the requirements?

Thanks in advance for your help smiling smiley
Re: 32 bit board
September 22, 2016 01:35AM
I don't think there are any 32-bit boards that meet those specifications yet. Someone will soon correct me if I am wrong [edit: see next post]. However, the Duet WiFi gives you 5 on board drivers with up to 256x microstepping, and the design of the expansion board for it is well under way. If you can't wait for the expansion board, you could hook up a Pololu driver on a piece of stripboard and connect it to the expansion connector on the Duet WiFi to provide the 6th driver - as some other users are doing already.

The Duet series is especially good for deltas because its firmware provides segmentation-free delta movement and fast delta auto calibration.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2016 08:03AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
Re: 32 bit board
September 22, 2016 03:54AM
... RADDS has 6 sockets for the stepper drivers and optionally two more and a WiFi-stick on an expansion module - a problem could be the availability or shipping at/to your location ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login