Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tech Zone Electronics, Extruder Motor stops when Heater reachs a certain Temperature

Posted by tayeb 
Tech Zone Electronics, Extruder Motor stops when Heater reachs a certain Temperature
December 23, 2010 02:23PM
I have a problem with my Extruder Board from tech Zone, it's able to drive the Extruder Stepper when the Heater is off and when the heater just starts up, but as soon as the heater reaches a high temperature (around 150). The Stepper just hums and there is no movement, just LEDs blinking. I tried changing the speed and pwm, setting the pwm using M113 and letting the board control it, to no avail. I also implemented some of the changes suggested in the Tech Zone electronics wiki (linking the ground the mother board and the extruder board). The A3949 on the extruder board does not seem to be overheating either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tayeb
Re: Tech Zone Electronics, Extruder Motor stops when Heater reachs a certain Temperature
December 23, 2010 05:48PM
How much current is the power supply rated at, and what type is it?

The heater draws a lot of current. It could be there isn't enough current to run the stepper.

I would expect other issues as well though.
Re: Tech Zone Electronics, Extruder Motor stops when Heater reachs a certain Temperature
December 24, 2010 09:18AM
Thank you Cefiar,

I don't think it's the power supply (it's rated at 5A and the board is Stepper Board is only pulling around 2.8 A). I have partially solved this problem by feeding an M113 S0.7 command in the gcode file. It still gets stuck from time to time. I think the way to go might be just another stepper driver as a number of people have suggested.

Thanks
Tayeb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login