Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Octoprint on RasPi Zero questions

Posted by o_lampe 
Octoprint on RasPi Zero questions
July 14, 2016 02:39PM
Hi,
I downloaded and installed the octopi image on my RasPi Zero and successfully got a bootscreen on my HDMI-screen. ( TV )
I expanded the SD-card memory and reduced GUI memory to 32MB.

Q1: I can only boot to the command line prompt.
Tried to allow to boot into GUI, but got error message from "sudo raspi-config" tool.

Is it because, of the limited memory of 512MB on the PiZero?

Q2: Got an TP-Link TL-WN823N wifi adapter, which should be working with raspbian/octopi.
During boot, I see a message the says the network is online, but I cant see the PiZero on my laptop.
I've changed the WPA2 settings in octoprint.network accordingly to match SSID and PIN of my router.

## WPA/WPA2 secured
iface wlan0-octopi inet manual
    wpa-ssid "TP-LINK_9E0A"
    wpa-psk "12345678"

What else do I have to do to get a DHCP network address for the PiZero?

Thanks for reading
-Olaf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2016 02:45PM by o_lampe.
Re: Octoprint on RasPi Zero questions
July 17, 2016 02:46AM
OK,
I got it working, but with a different WiFi dongle. It seems, the WN823N is not yet implemented in octoprint [2016-03-18]
Easy to check with the " lsusb" command.

Retrospectively, I should have bought a "real" RasPi 3 with WiFi onboard. Financially it would have been the same. I had to buy lots of adapters/cables and an USB hub.

-Olaf
Re: Octoprint on RasPi Zero questions
July 17, 2016 11:08AM
Next obstacle...
I made my Due/RADDS talk to windows by using dc42's version of the native USB port driver. But now raspbian/ octoprint doesn't connect to it.
Was it all for the bin? sad smiley

Can I use the programming port? Would I have to press erase/reset to get a connection?
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login