Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Rumba and stepper drivers

Posted by CoolM8 
Problems with Rumba and stepper drivers
June 17, 2016 03:14PM
Hi,

I have troubles and it is freaking me out. I have upgraded my printer with a rumba board and the drv8825. Stupidly i set the X/Y switches to 1,1,1 but did not change the firmware which was set for the A4982.
The printer worked fine but the printing scale was like only 50%.
Then i set the stepper switches for 1/16 so it would be the same as A4982, but somehow something went wrong and the stepper driver got so very hot that I immediately took the power of. Since then my RUMBA board is faulting and i cannot connect to it anymore. after resetting it, within a short time the EXP1 LED starts to flash continuously.

I was lucky that i had a second RUMBA for another project, so i hooked it up but the motors did not work. I tried everything 1/16 and 1/32, i adjusted Marlin but nothing happened. So i went back to the A4982 stepper drivers and with that the printer works but after a short time printing the motors start to misbehave and are skipping steps because they have short power cuts.

Now I'm completely in the dark for what to do next. Can anybody help me here?

Thanks.
Re: Problems with Rumba and stepper drivers
June 17, 2016 06:10PM
Sounds like the A4982s are overheating. Turn down the motor currents.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Problems with Rumba and stepper drivers
June 21, 2016 02:02PM
Hi,

I'm still having huge issues. I cannot get the X/Y axis to work at all anymore. Could i have destroyed the something on the board? How can i test that? I can use the drv8825 steppers with 1/16 setting with the extruder and the Z-axis. The X/Y axis motors do work when plugged in in the Z-axis but not in their own spot with both 1/16 and 1/32 settings ad I tried different voltage settings without any luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login