Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RUMBA Windows 10 driver issue

Posted by ewaldo 
RUMBA Windows 10 driver issue
May 20, 2016 06:46AM
I recently got a RUMBA board from RepRapDiscounts and connected it to my computer which is running Windows 10 and get "USB device not recognized". It shows up in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I tried following the USB Connection troubleshooting steps to put the board in DFU mode but the board looks slightly different from the pictures. I jumped the far right two pins on the 6-pin block directly below EXP3, connected my USB cable, removed the jumper, and the RX/TX lights never lit up (power light flashed for a few moments before going out). FLIP cannot open the USB port.

I did right-click on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb\atmel_usb_dfu.inf" and install it. Trying to force unknown usb device to see drivers from that folder says there aren't any drivers there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2016 06:47AM by ewaldo.
Re: RUMBA Windows 10 driver issue
May 20, 2016 10:06PM
I've used a continuity meter while unpowered and verified that Pins 3 & 24 (GND & RESET) on the ATMega16U2 do correlate to the pins I jumpered together.
Re: RUMBA Windows 10 driver issue
May 24, 2016 11:35PM
After much wailing and knashing of teeth, it ended up actually being a bad cable angry smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login