Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder controller ramp test doesn't work with my steppers

Posted by Tom Frisch 
Extruder controller ramp test doesn't work with my steppers
November 10, 2010 01:20AM
When I load the RAMP firmware into either of my new extruder controller boards, and connect a stepper, all I get is a quiet whine from the stepper. No motion at all. The LEDs are changing in a pattern that would make me think it is in a RAMP mode.

These same steppers work with the stepper controller board (at least they turn one direction, not the other) with the same 12v power supply (an ATX PSU from the late 90s).

Any ideas what would cause this?

-Tom

p.s. should I be combining these questions into a single post?
p.p.s. feel free to 'pageslam' me if there is a previous post that answers my question. I'm 0/3 on successfully picking search terms on this forum.
Re: Extruder controller ramp test doesn't work with my steppers
November 10, 2010 01:38AM
Hmm.. Just tried re-installing the extruder controller firmware, and now the motherboard isn't communicating with the extruder controller board. Seems like there is more wrong than the ramp program. Ugh.

-Tom
Re: Extruder controller ramp test doesn't work with my steppers
November 10, 2010 03:21AM
p.p.s. feel free to 'pageslam' me if there is a previous post that answers my question. I'm 0/3 on successfully picking search terms on this forum.

Try searching "for all time". The forum software only searches 30 days by default. Most old hands know about it, and use google to search the forum.

Also, you should make it clear what boards you have. (Gen 3).

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login