Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mks sbase 1.2v help...

Posted by Zukduk 
mks sbase 1.2v help...
April 11, 2016 06:13AM
I have purchased a mks sbase 1.2v board for my kossel 2020 got everything connected, got newest firmware, (i think) kossel delta config file.
hit the home in repetier and pontier and all it does is jitter the motors no real movement. Where can i find a step by step build for a delta kossel for this board or can someone help. I am decent with electronics and think i have everything wired right....PLEASE HELP.
Re: mks sbase 1.2v help...
April 11, 2016 10:32AM
have u set the correct amps in the firmare for the motors

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
April 11, 2016 08:52PM
How do I change the amps in firmware is it in the configuration.txt file....Am I supposed to have one end stop per axis or two board has x,y,z+++ and x,y,z--- I have 3 of them in positive positions.
April 12, 2016 03:28PM
# Stepper module pins ( ports, and pin numbers, appending "!" to the number will invert a pin )
alpha_step_pin 2.0 # Pin for alpha stepper step signal
alpha_dir_pin 0.5! # Pin for alpha stepper direction
alpha_en_pin 0.4 # Pin for alpha enable pin
alpha_current 1.2 # X stepper motor current
alpha_max_rate 10000.0 # mm/min

there but make sure you know your ratings of motors don't exceed the drivers amps you will have to do it for all motors above just a example where to find it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 03:29PM by chris33.

up and running
April 12, 2016 07:32PM
I have it working had to rewire motors till it worked have them backwards but reversed in firmware. Now the hot end will not go low enough to reach bed, where do I set the bed height? Don't have the z probe anymore.
April 13, 2016 11:37AM
its under the endstop settings gamma i think but don't know how its properly set up I am just reading up on understanding myself before i build my kossel, i probably home it and measure the distance from tip of the hotend to bed then make adjustments but im not 100% i am used to Cartesian style printers so thats why im reading alot first

up and running
April 14, 2016 12:39AM
I set the endstop gamma to 460 and it being it down close to it, not set the bed up yet to find tune it. Still working on it. Stay tuned for more details as I learn.
April 16, 2016 10:23PM
Zukduk, you really have to go through the file step-by-step to set it up for YOUR printer.
The config file you used is just a template.

Attached some images to show my Progress for setting up my Sbase 1.2 - am making an Instructables with explanations as well for smoothieware and sbase newbies smiling smiley

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
Attachments:
open | download - 01-firmware-default-feed.jpg (210.2 KB)
open | download - 02-firmware-Cartesian axis speed limits pins and current.jpg (201 KB)
open | download - 03-firmware-LCD, SD and Extruder.jpg (241.2 KB)
open | download - 04-firmware-Hotend temperature control configuration.jpg (172.8 KB)
open | download - endstops.jpg (10.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login