Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full graphics smart controler to Mini Rambo 1.3a

Posted by bean11 
Full graphics smart controler to Mini Rambo 1.3a
February 18, 2016 12:54AM
Hi All,

I just picked up a Lulz bot mini (i've been dying without a printer since i got rid of my bukobot) and wanted to add the full graphics lcd smart controller to it so that I can print from an sd card and adjust things without my pc.

I'm running to an issue where the pin pitch for the p1 and p2 headers on the Mini Rambo board is to fine. every picture I find shows that the two headers on the board should be 5x2, but the ones on my board are 10x2. I was able to find the pinout for the courser pin pitch, but not the finer pin pitch. Does anyone have the pinout for the finer pitch pins so I can wire up my lcd controler? I did some searching on google but couldnt find anything relating to the pinout of the board with the finer pin pitch. On a side note my board says its a Mini Rambo 1.1b, but it looks like its a 1.3a. Did they mess up the silk screening at one point?

Thnks! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 12:51PM by bean11.
Attachments:
open | download - io extension.PNG (17.6 KB)
Re: Full graphics smart controler to Mini Rambo 1.3a
May 28, 2016 07:14PM
bean11
Hi All,

I just picked up a Lulz bot mini (i've been dying without a printer since i got rid of my bukobot) and wanted to add the full graphics lcd smart controller to it so that I can print from an sd card and adjust things without my pc.

I'm running to an issue where the pin pitch for the p1 and p2 headers on the Mini Rambo board is to fine. every picture I find shows that the two headers on the board should be 5x2, but the ones on my board are 10x2. I was able to find the pinout for the courser pin pitch, but not the finer pin pitch. Does anyone have the pinout for the finer pitch pins so I can wire up my lcd controler? I did some searching on google but couldnt find anything relating to the pinout of the board with the finer pin pitch. On a side note my board says its a Mini Rambo 1.1b, but it looks like its a 1.3a. Did they mess up the silk screening at one point?

Thnks! smiling smiley

If your board says it's a 1.1b then it's a 1.1b. If your board has the finer pitch connector then your board is definitely not a 1.3a as they have the newer and more friendly connector.

[forum.lulzbot.com]

I don't know the pinout for that connector, but it looks like Michal Prusa does. If i knew where to find the following adapter for my old Mini-Rambo board for my Lulzbot mini i would buy one, but i have no idea where to get one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login