Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAADS with RAMPS LCD

Posted by Antscran 
RAADS with RAMPS LCD
February 16, 2016 08:12AM
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has used RAMPS LCD with a RADDS board?

I was looking at the schematic for the RAADS and it has 3 IC's, but one is not listed on the schematic, after a bit of research its 3.3v to 5.5v level shifter made by TI TXB0106

Not tried this as I don't have anything to hand but both the RAMPS and RAADS run the LCD in 4 bit mode, so pretty sure you can just use individual jumper wires and join the RAADS to the RAMPS LCD, with no soldering.

Can anyone confirm this or is aware of any discussion on the subject?

Cheers,
Ant

[www.coder-tronics.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
Re: RAADS with RAMPS LCD
February 16, 2016 02:20PM
Most LCD displays designed for 5V will not work with the 3.3V signal levels provided by RADDS. That will be why the RADDS board has the level shifters.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 19, 2016 09:11AM
I am making a small PCB that plugs in to the back of the LCD (12864 controller ), This PCB will convert the connection to the 10 and 12 pins of the RADDS

Full Graphics Smart Controller to RADDS

Until now I am still on my own. But I decided to try the connections via a breadboard :-)
Because a few connections are not that obvious.
February 19, 2016 11:33AM
Hi Amigob,

This sounds like a nice little mod. I will see if I can find a schematic for the RAADS LCD board, this will confirm the connections, a schematic for the RAMPS LCD would also be of use.

[www.coder-tronics.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
May 13, 2016 01:48PM
Nice Work, if you got more boards left, I am very interested.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login