Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get extruder stepper to work properly

Posted by ensgrp 
Can't get extruder stepper to work properly
October 02, 2010 10:50PM
I'm using the techzone remix electronics. The extruder motor will occasionally spin when i hit the extruder button. Other times the extruder stepper will lock. Sometimes the stepper will turn clockwise while other times it turns counter clockwise. THe same is for the reverse button, sometimes it works somethimes it dosen't.

I've tried adjusting the pot on the extruder but i can't seem to get it dialed in. It will spin perfect one or two times, the third time it will will lock.

I've tried wiring one of my steppers drivers to drive the extruder to see if it would work better, however it just locks the motor without letting it spin.

Does anyone have any ideas of what i can try?

Thanks,

Justin
Re: Can't get extruder stepper to work properly
October 03, 2010 02:59PM
Hi,

in my Gen3 electronics the analog ground and digital ground was not connected and that caused a similar problem.

br
Gerald
October 05, 2010 01:09AM
sounds like only one of the motor's two coils is connected. check for proper wiring, continuity, fried chips, etc.

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
October 05, 2010 09:32AM
I actually figured out the issue and posted it here fix. Basically it was an issue with the motherboard on my gen3 remix not being grounded.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login