Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino IDE program for dual nozzle

Posted by paperfrom 
Arduino IDE program for dual nozzle
February 03, 2016 09:55PM
Hi everyone,

I am making a hybrid 3d printer which includes FDM and Polyjet. The resin in polyjet system is extruded as filament in FDM by stepper motor nema 17. My question is that can the currently available program (Arduino IDE) in my 3D printer be used for dual nozzle or i have to upload a dual nozzle version program?

This is my RAMPs, the red circle is the wire of FDM extruder stepper motor. Where should i plug in the wire of stepper motor for polyjet?
Most parts of my 3d printer is Chinese.
Thank you for your time.

VDX
Re: Arduino IDE program for dual nozzle
February 04, 2016 03:27AM
... your red circle is the output of Extruder0 - the yellow marked socket is for Extruder1 (see the "E0/E1" stamp on the PCB ):

The Arduino IDE is the environment for changing/editing the program/firmware and upload to the Arduino, not the firmware!

So you have to find out, which firmware is installed, to get the correct answers ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2016 03:36AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
VDX
February 04, 2016 03:41AM
... I'm using Pronterface on the PC and Marlin4Due as firmware on the ArduinoDue - here for 2 or more extruders (or dispensers) I have to change the number in the Marlin4Due firmware in "Configuration.h", line 80

// This defines the number of extruders
// :[1,2,3,4]
#define EXTRUDERS 2

... and in Pronterface too:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

February 04, 2016 08:43AM
VDX
... I'm using Pronterface on the PC and Marlin4Due as firmware on the ArduinoDue - here for 2 or more extruders (or dispensers) I have to change the number in the Marlin4Due firmware in "Configuration.h", line 80

// This defines the number of extruders
// :[1,2,3,4]
#define EXTRUDERS 2

... and in Pronterface too:

[attachment 71640 Pronterface-Extruders.jpg]

Why are you using Marlin 4 Due on a ramps/Mega combination the pins are totally different and I'm even surprised you got it to compile and load/flash
VDX
February 04, 2016 10:02AM
... no, I'm using Marlin4Due on RADDS boards - this was only meant as example for the firmware-modification and to clarify the concept of firmware/software-combos.

In original Marlin the extruder count is defined too in "Configuration.h", but line 58 instead of 80 ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2016 10:06AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

February 04, 2016 10:27AM
VDX
... no, I'm using Marlin4Due on RADDS boards - this was only meant as example for the firmware-modification and to clarify the concept of firmware/software-combos.

In original Marlin the extruder count is defined too in "Configuration.h", but line 58 instead of 80 ...

Ah my apologies I had assumed incorrectly that the photo was of your setup
February 05, 2016 01:52AM
Thank you Viktor and dougal1957.

Actually, beside the name Prusa i3 Mendel, i dont know anything about it. I get this 3d printer from my friend who got it from his friend who got it from his foreigner friend smiling smiley
I've already emailed them about the printer but they've not reply yet. So i think i should use some sort of software to copy the firmware from the Arduino and find out what version is it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login