Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with RADDS board, could really do with some help

Posted by peps1 
Trouble with RADDS board, could really do with some help
January 27, 2016 10:08AM
Hello, first post and hope this is the right place to post!

I have installed a RADDS board in my i3 and and getting some unusual behaviour, the two main things:

USB Connections: Can only connect over USB if I have the 12v PSU switched off, if I try and connect with the power on I just get a unrecognised device error.

LCD: when ever I turn on the printer I have to hit the reset button on the LCD to bring up the display.

I'm not sure if this is usual behaviour for the RADDS Board?

To be honest I have not been overly impress with the build quality, I had to resolder a couple of joints to even get it working (one of the DIP switches and a couple of motor drivers sockets) a little worrying for a brand new board.....and not sue if this behaviour issues I am having are due to more problems with construction.
Re: Trouble with RADDS board, could really do with some help
January 28, 2016 04:04PM
Is there a more appropriate place I should be asking this question?
January 28, 2016 06:18PM
There is a long discussion covering this topic which can be found here! :-)
January 29, 2016 03:24AM
This could be an issue with the Due. Maybe this post here can help: [forum.arduino.cc]

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
January 30, 2016 10:59PM
Got the lcd and usb working using the cap mod on the Due, detailed here here But despite being lit up the LCD screen wont display data while the board it attached via usb regardless of if there is a serial connection or not.

So, there seems to be a problem with the screen displaying data when there is 5v coming in through the usb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2016 11:01PM by peps1.
February 02, 2016 01:17PM
peps1
LCD: when ever I turn on the printer I have to hit the reset button on the LCD to bring up the display.

I think i have the same problem, solved by upgrading the firmware of the usb chip.

The solution is explain in the next several posts:
[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 01:18PM by filipeCampos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login