Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet + E3D V6 Thermistor settings

Posted by RickRap 
Duet + E3D V6 Thermistor settings
January 18, 2016 02:45AM
Is there anyone using a Duet with e3D V6? What are your settings for extruder thermistor (M305)?
Re: Duet + E3D V6 Thermistor settings
January 18, 2016 03:03AM
Yes, see [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 18, 2016 06:14PM
Thanks! That was somewhat helpful.

The problem I'm having is that I am not sure my temperature readings are correct. I am sure, however, that they are too low. For instance, setting the temp to 210 in the console, I get a reading of around 195 at the hotend. My biggest challenge, I think, is that I don't trust the reading my IR thermometer is giving me considering the accuracy of the measuring area. I have measured within 20mm or so. The measurement fluctuates quite a bit. The peak hold temperature shows a max anywhere from 160-195 with the temp set to 210.

I am not an expert with setting up all the thermistor parameters. I tried the settings from the link but they had little effect. The only thing I changed that had significant effect was changing the R value. I have an R value that works for 210, but I since this is not linear, I imagine I will be wrong elsewhere.

The thermistor I'm using is the termistor supplied by e3D with the V6.
January 18, 2016 07:07PM
You cannot get an acurate reading of hot end temperature using an IR thermometer, because those thermometers need a much bigger target area.

If you have a multimeter with a thermocouple probe, you can feed the probe into the hot end where the filament would normally go and check it that way.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 26, 2016 12:24AM
Thanks. I'll have to look for something like that.

In the mean time, Seems most of my troubles were with my slic3r settings. Played around with those and things are working fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login