Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AD595 thermocouple with latest FW

Posted by CdnReprap 
AD595 thermocouple with latest FW
September 27, 2010 01:11AM
Can anyone help me figure out the latest FW changes needed to use the AN595.

commenting out use thermistor and un-commenting use thermocouple will not compile.

I have no issues using a thermistor, and all my searches in the forum are not resolving the problem so I would love to hear from someone using the ad595,

Thx
Re: AD595 thermocouple with latest FW
September 27, 2010 09:00AM
look at the difference between the firmware on this page [reprap.org] compared with the official firmware of the same date. There are some minor mods to get it to compile (these should be relevant for the 595 thremocouple too) and some other changes to do with the MAX6675 which you can probably safely ignore.
September 27, 2010 10:29AM
GF..........Thx.....I looked at that already..... I'm looking to properly use the AN595.

Everything so far is a bandaid that uses a table to determine the temp.

We should be using a calculation to determine the temp not a table with the AN595.

Anyone running AD595 using calculation to determine the temp?????
September 27, 2010 05:11PM
I have essentially
temp = (analog_reading * 500L) / 1024;
in my firmware for the AD595, although I haven't tested it since I don't have one

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
September 29, 2010 06:23AM
The changes in the link I posted dont use a table for the thermocouple conversion, it just includes it so that the source compiles.

A better way to do it would be to leave the table out and #ifdef the parameters that are passed to functions (i.e dont have temperature tables at all if you are not using a thermistor), but that would require a more thorough understanding of the code (and at the time, I just wanted something that would work).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login