Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

latest electronics

Posted by arjena 
Re: latest electronics
February 08, 2016 02:48AM
I think some people in this thread are being rather picky. The models I print generally take well under a minute to upload to the Duet's SD card. If I am in a hurry, I upload while the bed is heating up, that way no time is lost. Otherwise I use the 'Upload & Print' button on the web interface so that the file is printed as soon as it has been uploaded.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 14, 2016 08:10AM
PRZ
I have written a warning on the Ramps-FD Wiki page here : [reprap.org]

I am grateful for both the addition and the explanation! Now there is the basis of approaching outlets of the faulty products. Many thanks indeed (The link is live in its original message above).
February 15, 2016 05:28PM
Interesting thread!

I have been carrying out some research and was looking at the Arduino Due as an option combined with DRV8825 drivers, I also like the fact it can run Repetier (mainly personal preference).

I know development has ceased on the RAMPS+FD v2, but can see the Gerber files are available, was this every built and tested?

RADDS is the other option but as stated on the wiki this is not Open Source, so I am less inclined to support it. The DUET looks impressive but I have no use for a web interface.

[www.coder-tronics.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
February 15, 2016 06:32PM
Antscran
The DUET looks impressive but I have no use for a web interface.

Until you try it, you don't know what you are missing! It's infinitely better than Pronterface.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 06:36PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 16, 2016 03:57AM
My current printer is setup pretty well, but I still sit by it for the initial layers to make sure everything is ok.

So quite happily download the file to an SD card then I naturally check the print as part of the process, the print is ok 9 out of 10 times but always worth checking.

I guess at some point a web interface could be handy, but at the moment I have no need. I was looking at the DUET schematic yesterday and noted the drivers are A4982, so can only drive 2A and 1/16 step, having more flexibility here is more important to me.

[www.coder-tronics.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
February 16, 2016 02:18PM
Antscran
I was looking at the DUET schematic yesterday and noted the drivers are A4982, so can only drive 2A and 1/16 step, having more flexibility here is more important to me.

If you want to drive larger motors, you can use external drivers connected to the expansion connector, and use the built-in drivers to drive extruders.

February 16, 2016 02:20PM
You could try Smoothies. It has also A4982 but additionally breakouts for Step, Dir and Enable.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
August 16, 2018 12:31AM
Antscran
I know development has ceased on the RAMPS+FD v2, but can see the Gerber files are available, was this every built and tested?

I had Elecrow make some boards from those files a few months ago. I just recently got the board completed and tested. It's not yet in a printer (I'm building a Hypercube 300), but I've verified that the various inputs and outputs do what they're supposed to do. Marlin's currently having issues talking to the EEPROM on the board, but it was working; they're changing that part of the code to modularize it a bit.

Here's a picture from shortly after I finished assembly:

https://home.alfter.us/s/kSgKikDoBpX9tnJ

I've also forked bobc's RAMPS-FD repo to add annotations and build a BOM that you can use if you want to build one of your own:

https://gitlab.com/salfter/RAMPS-FD

In the time since I ordered my boards, bobc has made some tweaks to the design...specced some slightly different logic, and I think the fuseholders were replaced with a less-expensive model.
August 23, 2018 05:12PM
NECRO
August 31, 2018 03:20PM
Is there any more new development on this? I am interested in getting a couple and if they havent been made yet maybe funding to get the better deal on them given that I would get my money back if they sold, I am willing to help in anyway possible. If you could get back to me and let me know what I could do that would be great. Cheers - Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login