Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.6

Posted by Kana Padmaja 
Duet 0.6
December 17, 2015 02:07AM
Hi,
Regarding Duet 0.6, Why we need 5v external regulator board ( because in repliko site they were selling 5v regulator as optional kit)?
but I am thinking its only for DueX4 expansion board power supply or Is there any other use of having optional 5v regulator ?

Thanks in advance

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 02:14AM by Kana Padmaja.
Re: Duet 0.6
December 17, 2015 03:10AM
The onboard 5v regulator output is a bit noisy and wouldn't get "CE" -approved.
I also feel, the thermistor readings suffer from the noise, but I can't proof it.
It doesn't have a quality influence, though.
-Olaf
December 17, 2015 04:21AM
The only purpose of the external 5V regulator is that in conjunction with other measures (including a metal enclosure for the Duet and shielded cables), it allows RepRapPro to claim CE compliance for completed printers. Most people using the Duet but not building RepRapPro kits use the on-board switching regulator instead.

I don't believe the switching regulator affects the thermistor readings. It does add noise to the Z probe reading though, which you can reduce by adding a pin header for the Z probe at the bottom of the board and running wires to it on the back. I described this in a post on the Ormerod forum last year. But it isn't really necessary, especially when using my differential IR Z probe.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 17, 2015 04:26AM
Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login