Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DC42 MiniSensorBoard as Endstop on Duet 0.8.5?

Posted by critical_limit 
DC42 MiniSensorBoard as Endstop on Duet 0.8.5?
December 12, 2015 02:22PM
Hi All,

anybody knows if it is possible to use the IR-Mini Sensorboard as endstop and how to connect to the duet?
Maybe David can answer this question and how to connect or what to do.

Found that Davids IR-Board is more accurate than simple mechanical switches and so I want to use it for the endstops.

Possible?

Or any other simple, most accurate solution to connect to the duet?

Thanx
Re: DC42 MiniSensorBoard as Endstop on Duet 0.8.5?
December 12, 2015 04:52PM
The Ormerod printer uses a single IR sensor for both X and Z homing, and a microswitch for Y. To use an IR sensor for Z homing on a Cartesian or CoreXY printer, all you need to do is to setup the homez.g file (and the Z homing section of homeall.g) to lift the head a few mm, move it to suitable XY coordinates (e.g. the centre of the bed), and execute G30. See the sample homez.g at [github.com].

On a delta printer you can't do this. However, there are a couple of things you can do:

- Before printing, you can move the head to 3mm over the centre of the bed and execute G30, to set an accurate Z=0 height;

- Or before printing you can run G32 to auto calibrate, which will take out any endstop errors.

After doing either of these, do not home the printer again before starting the print; so remove any G28 commands from your slicer start gcode.

btw I will be producing some Hall sensor endstop switch boards soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2015 04:57PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 12, 2015 06:00PM
Hi David,

thanx for your reply.

But I´m not talking about ONE IR board on a Delta. On each tower I would use a IR-Board.

But I don´t know how to connect to the duet.

As far as I know the duet has these pins on endstops:

GRD -- +3.3V -- Signal

Can I connect your IR-Boards to the endstop pins on the duet and will it work?

Hall-O Boards are out there enough. But what I read is that they are not accurate enough. I´m looking for endstops > 0,01mm
December 12, 2015 06:10PM
You can try connecting my IR sensors to the Duet endstop pins, however you may have to change or bypass a resistor on the sensor in order to get them to sink enough current to drive the indicator LEDs on the Duet. It would be the same mod as I describe for the Smoothieboard in the fitting instructions. If you need the mod, the symptom will be that M119 shows them as triggered even when they are not.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login