Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.65 with Stand alone printing

Posted by Kana Padmaja 
Duet 0.65 with Stand alone printing
December 12, 2015 02:02AM
Hello,
I am planning to use Duet 0.65 for my new crane style 3D printer.
So here I need some clarifications regarding it
1)Is there any stand alone option other than web interface, panel due ? and i got to know that we can use panel one with slight modifications . Similarly can we use 12864 20X4 lcd panel or not?
2)Can anyone please tell me Panel One connections interfacing with duet 0.65 elaborately?
3)how can we access the micro SD card without PC and I want to know that micro SD card data transfer rate when 3D printer is connected to the system
4)While printing can we stop web Interface intermittently? or should I need to Power ON my PC until printing completes
5)Can we use web interface option through Smart Phone ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2015 02:02AM by Kana Padmaja.
Re: Duet 0.65 with Stand alone printing
December 12, 2015 03:29AM
1 - not yet. 20x4 and 12864 displays would provide only a limited amount of functionality because you are limited to picking items from small menus. For true standalone operation you will want to execute macros and arbitrary gcodes. Both the web interface and PanelDue provide this.

2 - there was a blog entry on the t3p3 web site that might include this info, but no firmware support.

3 - by uploading files over the web interface. Or take it out of the socket? Data transfer rate between the SD card and the Duet is 21Mbytes/sec. The actual speed you get will depend on the SD card. File upload speed over the web is typically 200 to 400 kbytes/sec depending on SD card.

4 - yes, but there may be a slight pause in printing when you reconnect the web interface. You can have more than one device using the web interface.

5 - yes

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 12, 2015 06:10AM
1. As you said that '20x4 and 12864 displays would provide only a limited amount of functionality' means, whether shall I use it in the same way as RAMPS? Use the 12864 to select the Gcode and do some calibration and movements? I need only this function only.

2. Micro SD is available with Duet. How the files can be uploaded to it and how the micro SD can be accessed with out computer or web interface? In RAMPS, this can be done with LCD Controller. What about Duet?

3. In RAMPS, by using Pronterface, if you upload the Gcode files to the SD cards, it will take 30 minutes for a 5Mb file. But the same if the Gcode file is copied to the SD card directly from computer (by using adapter), it will be an easy job. Then later the file can be selected by LCD Controller.

Actually I am not clear about the usage of Micro SD card with out LCD Controller. Could you please explain?
December 12, 2015 06:56AM
You can remove the SDHC card from the Duet and connect it to your PC using an adapter. This is how the configuration files are put on the card in the first place. Currently, after putting the card back in the Duet, you need to restart the Duet because the card detect function is not yet implemented in firmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 14, 2016 07:24PM
So I have the Paneldue. I tried to print from my SD card inserted into the paneldue but the file I wanted to print is not there? I have made a file called gcode. Put the file I wanted to print inside of the folder. Placed that folder in the SD card. I made sure it was a small card. Only 2GB. But its still not there. Is it possible to print from the paneldue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 07:27PM by DRTak.
January 15, 2016 06:32AM
DRTak
So I have the Paneldue. I tried to print from my SD card inserted into the paneldue but the file I wanted to print is not there? I have made a file called gcode. Put the file I wanted to print inside of the folder. Placed that folder in the SD card. I made sure it was a small card. Only 2GB. But its still not there. Is it possible to print from the paneldue?

The SD card slot on display panels typically used with the PanelDue is not currently supported. We may support it one day, but it will need a separate cable, and the maximum length of that cable will be restricted.

Most people upload to the SDHC card in the Duet using the web interface. A few people upload using FTP instead, which can be slightly faster.

January 15, 2016 10:59AM
dc42
DRTak

The SD card slot on display panels typically used with the PanelDue is not currently supported. We may support it one day, but it will need a separate cable, and the maximum length of that cable will be restricted.

Most people upload to the SDHC card in the Duet using the web interface. A few people upload using FTP instead, which can be slightly faster.

DC42, thanks again. I wondered why you didnt have an SD slot hole in your thingiverse paneldue case. I used a dremel to cut a hole in it. But now I understand why it was not there in the first place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login