Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get Duet 0.8.5 to connect

Posted by WZ9V 
Can't get Duet 0.8.5 to connect
November 29, 2015 12:08AM
I'm trying to get my shiny new Duet 0.8.5 going. When I plug it into the USB port I get a USB LED (red) a 3.3V LED (green) and a 5V LED (red). I tried connecting to it via Pronterface (115200 and 57600) and I get "Connecting" and it never gets past that. I tried the Arduino IDE Serial monitor and that's dead also no matter what data rate I try (yes it's set to Due on /dev/ttyACM0). I'm using Ubuntu and the serial cable I know is good because I can connect to a BeagleBone Black with it and used it to update the firmware on the PanelDue using bossac. Pretty sure it is supplying enough power since it powered the PanelDue with 5in display no problem.

Any ideas?
Re: Can't get Duet 0.8.5 to connect
November 29, 2015 01:14AM
Not sure what happened but I finally got it to respond. Must have been a I'm doing something too soon or too late kind of thing.

I flashed the RepRapFirmware-1.09k-dc42.bin using bossac and then updated the sys directory with the miniKossel files. What other directories on the SD card need updating?

Pronterface now connects at 115200 and the M115 command displays the correct version.
November 29, 2015 02:35AM
Glad you got it working. The rest of the files on the SD card are probably OK, although the sample files in the /gcodes folder might be set up for a Cartesian printer instead of a delta.

The baud rate you set in Pronterface is immaterial because the Duet has a native USB port.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 29, 2015 07:58AM
Good to know, I was wondering what the proper rate should be. I suspect it had a firmware glitch or I had trouble hitting the buttons properly (they are tiny on the 0.8.5) and that's why it wouldn't connect and display M115. Now that I've updated it it's working as expected. I kind of expected the PanelDue to be the hard one to get going.

Is there a maximum size to the Duet's micro SD Card support?
Is the SDCard slot in the PanelDue used?
Is there a size limit on the PanelDue SD card support?

BTW the 6 inch 40-pin IDE M-F cable worked great with the 5in display from ITead. It does look as if I had asked you not to solder the 40-pin connector I could have just put it on the other side of the board and accomplished a cleaner connection without the cable or it sticking out. The current setup is great assuming a rotary encoder at some point. Now that you are not doing that in favor of the touch screen you may want to consider putting the connector on such that the controller stacks behind the display (or offer it I unsoldered)

dc42
Glad you got it working. The rest of the files on the SD card are probably OK, although the sample files in the /gcodes folder might be set up for a Cartesian printer instead of a delta.

The baud rate you set in Pronterface is immaterial because the Duet has a native USB port.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login