Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fried Extruder Controller

Posted by Jeff B 
Fried Extruder Controller
September 08, 2010 09:30PM
So it has been almost a year since i have tried to finish my repstrap. When I stopped I had just fried my extruder Controller v2.2. I am almost positive that I shorted the leads on the thermistor.

Where should I start to diagnose this board?
If i shorted the thermistor is it repairable?

MakerBot just seams to never have any in stock, and I would rather fix this one than have to wait for a new one.

Thanks for any help,
Jeff
Re: Fried Extruder Controller
September 18, 2010 11:47PM
So I have it all wired back up finally im using: RepRap-gen3-firmware-2009-08-05 and the fiveD firmware to test on the two hosts.

It seams that it will not read the thermistor value.
I checked for voltage accross the thermistor input and it read just under 5 volts.
I tried to check the resistance on the 4.7k resistor but its so small and I dont think I got a accurate reading, multimeter did not say 4.7.

I can get the print head to heat up (I dont let it go for long, as i dont know the temp)

Reprap host software says 000 for temperature. If i switch to the makerbot firmware and use Replicator G it just reads 255C.

I soldered up another temperature board and wired it to A6, and attempted to change the code, but i dont know enough about the code to see if it works.

My thermistor reads about 75k ohms in my garage, which i believe is correct.

What should I do next?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login