Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melted Bed Heater Terminal Block on Rambo Mini

Posted by Chiliyago 
Melted Bed Heater Terminal Block on Rambo Mini
October 18, 2015 11:25AM
Hi
Me and some other users are experiencing problems with the Rambo Mini 1.0 controller board. The problem is that the terminal block to the heater bed is getting so hot that it is either melting the Molex connector itself or the wire it is connected to.

We are not getting much advise on the Prusa forum board so I wanted to cross post here in hopes of finding out what to do about this.

Please take a look at the his discussion and related photos on that forum.

We really appreciate any help. Thanks
Re: Melted Bed Heater Terminal Block on Rambo Mini
October 18, 2015 08:29PM
I had a heater term melt. Solved the problem by tinning the stranded wires with solder and be sure the term are really tight.
October 19, 2015 05:25AM
Putzer
I had a heater term melt. Solved the problem by tinning the stranded wires with solder and be sure the term are really tight.

Tinned wires must not be used in terminals, because the solder creeps away under screw pressure and reduces contact quality over time.
The best way is to crimp wire terminals or solder the wire directly to the PCB.
-Olaf
October 19, 2015 07:23PM
No problem with tinned wires with over 50 years experience. If you really worry about tinned wires solder term on the end. Crimped wires come loose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2015 07:30PM by Putzer.
October 19, 2015 07:30PM
Unless there is are alternate definitions of "Tinning"; this comment does not compute for me either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login