Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RADDS work now stable with RepRap Firmware

Posted by angelo 
Re: RADDS work now stable with RepRap Firmware
July 12, 2017 07:46AM
Does any of the earlier 1.19 beta series work for you? It sounds as though a recent change may have broken the RADDS build.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet [www.duet3d.com].
July 12, 2017 09:52PM
I just tried beta6, it does not work.
July 13, 2017 12:40AM
Thanks for trying that. I'll revert a change that I made to the RADDS configuration at the suggestion of a user, so we can see if that fixes the problem.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet [www.duet3d.com].
July 16, 2017 06:48AM
Micktol
I just tried beta6, it does not work.

Hi Micktol (and anyone else who wants to help),

Can you try some earlier versions? It would be really helpful to know exactly which set of changes broke the RADDS build. If you go to [github.com] you can see that releases beta2 and beta3 are also available. To download one of them, click on the <> button next to it, then follow the link to the correct binary and download as usual.

David

July 16, 2017 09:48PM
David,

I tried beta 2 + 3 both of them run, as I said 6 does not, I can test any version you require. Thank you for your work on the radds.

Mike
July 16, 2017 11:15PM
Thanks, I'll look at what changed between beta3 and beta6. If there are a lot of changes then I can build RADDS versions of betas 4 and 5 for you to test.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 11:17PM by dc42.

July 18, 2017 06:55AM
I believe I found the problem. Please try beta 10 when I release it later today.

July 18, 2017 12:50PM
I have tried 1.19 beta 10, on my radds and it connects via usb and panel due. Thanks you.
July 18, 2017 01:44PM
Thanks for the feedback!

September 16, 2017 04:59PM
I got my inductive probe hooked up for bed leveling a while back, been working great.
I'm looking to now hook up a simple switch-based out-of-filament sensor. All the reading I've done says I need to hook that switch up to either The E0 or E1 endstop: The E0 endstop is what my inductive probe is hooked to (D39 / E0_AXIS), but I've been unable to find the pin for the E1_AXIS / endstop.

Is this even a thing on the RADDS board?
I'm thinking I may finally upgrade to a DuetEthernet next year, but in the meantime, I'd like to get this switch working if I can. Are any other pins acceptable? Since the RADDS board has min & max endstop headers (and I only use the min), I though maybe I could re-purpose the maxZ, but RRF isn't detecting it or, I'm just doing it wrong.
September 16, 2017 11:53PM
The Pins_RADDS.h file in the source code indicates that there are only 4 active endstop inputs in the RADDS build. If you can tell me the pin numbers of all 6 endstop inputs, I can add the missing ones if those pins are not already used for something else e.g. the Z probe.

If you connect your inductive probe to the Z probe input instead, you could free up the E0 input.

September 16, 2017 11:56PM
If you want to rewrite the pin mapping section of the code and compile it yourself, you can use many other pins.
Maybe contact the guys who built a CoreXYU with RRF, they heavily hacked the RADDS code...
September 18, 2017 09:07PM
dc42
The Pins_RADDS.h file in the source code indicates that there are only 4 active endstop inputs in the RADDS build. If you can tell me the pin numbers of all 6 endstop inputs, I can add the missing ones if those pins are not already used for something else e.g. the Z probe.
(going to presume you know this already, but for due diligence) :
From this page
[doku.radds.org]
is this pic:
[doku.radds.org]
But it has no pin numbers for the endstops, only which endstops they're for.

Poking around more, found this guy:
[www.dr-henschke.de]
Which lists these Due pins for the endstops, if that helps:
P28 X-Min
P30 Y-Min
P32 Z-Min
P34 X-Max
P36 Y-Max
P38 Z-Max

dc42
If you connect your inductive probe to the Z probe input instead, you could free up the E0 input.
I thought that's what I had done: Are you saying there's a different pin on RADDS other than D39 / E0_AXIS for the z-probe?
September 19, 2017 03:26AM
FYI: I connected the z-probe to "servoPWM3". Don't know if that's the D39 pin?
September 19, 2017 09:29AM
o_lampe
FYI: I connected the z-probe to "servoPWM3". Don't know if that's the D39 pin?

Yep, it is.
September 19, 2017 11:26PM
Are you aware of the fact, that the 5V line of the servoPWM connectors is not alive? You'd have to feed 5V to the servo5V_in pin if needed.

September 25, 2017 08:46PM
o_lampe, not sure who that comment is directed too? I already have my z-probe hooked up via that pin top, but it is good info for others. I use the machine ground for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login