Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor jitters, then stops, unresponsive confused smiley

Posted by InspecteurSpie 
Stepper Motor jitters, then stops, unresponsive confused smiley
September 29, 2015 10:11PM
Hi, I had my Y axis in series and only one of the motors moves about 1/16 of a revolution when told a command to both move 1mm/or 10mm, then they are unresponsive.

- The Y axis worked just fine before on its own. I wired it accordingly to my Z axis that has been wired in series (working flawlessly)

- I've looked at my config file, given the right amperage, and steps per mm.

- The wiring is done correctly (I test it by turning the motors when unplugged, causing the other motor to vibrate a little from the power I generate when turning it by hand (This could be wrong for testing it, but I'm almost certain the wiring is done correctly))

- The newly added motor feels fine when twisting it as there seems to be no resistance

Any idea? I've checked the pins on the motor and fiddled with the pots on my stepper driver, but I get no progress from troubleshooting. I've even gone so far as to swapping my x axis pins with the y axis to see if there's a problem with the stepper driver (even though its brand new and has been replaced)

Any feed back is appreciated, I will upload a video upon request!
Thanks,
Stefan Queen
Re: Stepper Motor jitters, then stops, unresponsive confused smiley
September 30, 2015 04:01AM
Are you sure you are not trying to move the Y motors too fast, perhaps because the microstepping isn't set correctly?

Are the Y motors the same type as your working Z motors? Different stepper motor suppliers use different colour codes for the wires.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Stepper Motor jitters, then stops, unresponsive confused smiley
September 30, 2015 11:22AM
I'm certain, I'm only moving by the mm at most, they are the same as the z motors. I'll look into it a bit more, and see if there are other posts of jittering motors
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login