Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring Duet for a CoreXY printer

Posted by David J 
Configuring Duet for a CoreXY printer
September 28, 2015 09:53AM
(This is probably for dc42 to answer, if he can...)

I plan to put my Duet board into a CoreXY printer - and I haven't got a clue about config files, which motor gets plugged in where, and so on. Is there any information or guide somewhere that can point me in the right direction?

Oops: just found this, but is there any info about the physical aspects of connecting it all up? For example, Z is obvious, but which motor is X and which is Y, considering that either can move the head in both planes?

Thanks,
David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 09:57AM by David J.
Re: Configuring Duet for a CoreXY printer
September 28, 2015 05:35PM
For the config files, see [reprap.org] and also the page on Cartesian printer configuration that it links to at the start.

The X motor is the one that moves in the same direction for both +X and +Y movement. The Y motor moves in opposite directions for +X and +Y movement.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 29, 2015 03:03AM
Thanks David,

I'd found the stuff on the RepRap wiki previously, but the second part is what I really needed. It's a simple thing, but I couldn't find it written down anywhere!

Cheers,
David
September 29, 2015 03:27AM
Ok I'll add that to the wiki.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login