Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did my Sanguinololu just die on me?

Posted by thucar 
Did my Sanguinololu just die on me?
June 30, 2015 01:23AM
I was trying to get the 12864 Full graphics LCD working on my Sanguinololu 1.3b2
I was messing with different Marlin versions and played around with the Configuration.h files when all of a sudden after another upload I saw this in the Arduino IDE:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Tried connecting tot he printer with Octoprint, and nothing.

I immediately tried to upload my known working Marlin configuration, and that, too failed with the same avrdude message.

Next i removed the board from my printer, disconnected everything, removed pololulus, so it's just the bare board - still the same result when trying to upload.

My PC detects the board just fine. Did the Atmel chip die on me? Just like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 01:25AM by thucar.
Re: Did my Sanguinololu just die on me?
June 30, 2015 06:36AM
At this point I'm suspecting the bootloader has gotten fuzzled up. So I'm placing an order for ramps+arduino in hopes of using the arduino as the means to burn a new bootloader on my sanguinololu. And should that fail and the Atmega1284p prove to be completely dead, I'll at least be able to run my printer with the bulky RAMPS for now.
Re: Did my Sanguinololu just die on me?
June 30, 2015 09:16AM
Thank god I remembered about that old PicKit2 I had. Checked the fuses, were all messed up, corrected those and uploaded new bootloader. All is good and dandy once again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login