Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Minor query regarding the Duet board

Posted by David J 
Minor query regarding the Duet board
June 10, 2015 09:08AM
Sometimes, when using my delta with its Duet board, I have to make a change to the config.g file. I use the web control page to upload the edited file - do the changes take effect automatically as soon as the file is uploaded, or do I have to do something extra? (I can't easily press the reset button on the Duet board as it's tucked into the heart of the printer)
Re: Minor query regarding the Duet board
June 10, 2015 09:34AM
David J
Sometimes, when using my delta with its Duet board, I have to make a change to the config.g file. I use the web control page to upload the edited file - do the changes take effect automatically as soon as the file is uploaded, or do I have to do something extra? (I can't easily press the reset button on the Duet board as it's tucked into the heart of the printer)

To process the new config.g file, you need to reset the board. The easiest way of doing this is to use the Emergency Stop button on the web interface. However, for most changes you make to config.g, you can just send the modified G or M commands through the web interface to make them take effect immediately.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 10, 2015 11:24AM
Thanks David.

I've been switching everything off & on again, which does the job, but which is a bit of a PITA. Emergency Stop is a lot easier!
June 10, 2015 12:18PM
David J
Thanks David.

I've been switching everything off & on again, which does the job, but which is a bit of a PITA. Emergency Stop is a lot easier!

Or even M999 will reset the board
June 10, 2015 01:10PM
dougal1957

That is also worth knowing! smiling smiley
June 10, 2015 01:54PM
David J
dougal1957

That is also worth knowing! smiling smiley

Also if you have dc's latest firmware (1.09a or later) then M999 S4321 will erase the board and then reset it ready for flashing.

Not tried that yet but will do as soon as he releases 1.09b which is due imenently apparently.

Doug
June 10, 2015 03:05PM
dougal1957
Also if you have dc's latest firmware (1.09a or later) then M999 S4321 will erase the board and then reset it ready for flashing.

Not tried that yet but will do as soon as he releases 1.09b which is due imenently apparently.

Doug

Sounds scary! eye popping smiley

I'm now on 1.09a - maybe I'll try that command for the next update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login