Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with electronics

Posted by foton 
Help with electronics
July 11, 2010 08:32AM
Hi

I have hooded up a set of tech zone remix electronics to my printer and have them connected up to replicator G, two of the motors are working fine but
the other one is very week, not strong enough to do much, I´ve tried changing the power to it as that would seem to be the problem but to no avail
and replicator isn´t recognizing the extruder board even after uploading the latest firm ware to it.
So here´s a couple of images of all the wiring, any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG
Re: Help with electronics
July 11, 2010 11:03AM
What happens if you connect this weak motor to one of the other stepper driver boards or one of the fine motors to the board of the weak? All the driver boards and all the motors are exchangeable.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 11, 2010 01:17PM
Hi

Yep i´ve tried changing boards and motors around, the motor works when i connect it to another driver board and when i connect a different motor to the dysfunctional board
it has the same effect of not working propyl, so it´s not a problem with the motor, looks like something wrong with the board or wiring.
July 11, 2010 06:20PM
Have you adjusted the pots on the stepper driver boards at all? On the one that is not working correct try small adjustments to see if it makes any difference.

Also when you uploaded the firmware did you update both the motherboard and the and the extruder?

What is the response to the M105 G-CODE? (Get temp).

David
July 12, 2010 04:04PM
Hi David

Thanks for assistance, I have up dated the firmware on both the boards to the latest available, unfortunately i´m not sure what the stepper driver pots are or where to find the
get temp information but here is what the console is reading when i connect up.

[20:54:14] Loading machine: Cupcake CNC
[20:54:14] Loading simulator.
[20:54:14] Loading driver: replicatorg.drivers.gen3.Sanguino3GDriver
[20:54:14] Network unavailable or update URL incorrect.
[20:54:18] Read timed out.
[20:54:18] Read timed out; giving up on query.
[20:54:23] Motherboard firmware v2.2
[20:54:23] Packet response code: Unknown code
[20:54:23] Packet payload: empty
[20:54:23] Extruder board: Null version reported! Make sure the extruder is connected and the power is on.

cheers Joss
July 12, 2010 10:18PM
Are you specifically building a cupcake cnc printer or a Mendel, you might be better off using the firmware for the reprap project (Have you got a stepper motor or a DC Motor attached to the extruder board) from a testing point of view

Back to the stepper motors drivers the pots are the small metal circles on a square base near where the motherboard board connects to the stepper driver.

And from the output able, I would say that either the firmware on the extruder board is has not installed correctly or the RS485 connection cable is faulty. There is one other thing which I have seen people reporting on this forum, is that that they might need to be an earth connection between the motherboard and the extruder in order to ensure that all the boards are working from the "same earth".

David
July 13, 2010 01:10PM
Hi

It´s a Mendel printer but replicator seems only to have settings for a cupcake and 3 axes simulation so i´m not sure how to set it for a Mendel, I have a stepper motor
already connected to the extruder board.
I changed the pots on the stepper driver and it did increase the strength but the motor is still only functioning in one direction, shows no response at all trying to move it the other way.
I´ve updated the extruder board firmware again and it reported all good, successful.
I´m just wondering about how i have the wires connected between the motherboard and extruder, not very sure i´ve got that correctly wired, how do you go about earthing the boards?

thanks Joss
July 14, 2010 03:41AM
This page might help

[www.reprap.org]

I am currently using the techzone boards with the RepRap firmware and the RepRap host software, not sure about how to use replicatorG

David
October 14, 2010 11:09PM
I know this was a while ago, but I happened upon it and there is no "it's fixed" posted.

I have the same setup... the replicatorg software with included firmware worked. Take note that if you use replicatorg you'll want to use their firmware too for both boards.

the pot on the extruder is a little round thing you need to use an eyeglasses screwdriveer to adjust you can see it in the top left your close up picture
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login