Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alligator Board Q & A

Posted by geotete 
Re: Alligator Board Q & A
June 02, 2015 09:17AM
Hello Mark O,

yes i did all the things discribbled in the 3dArtists Github. And I also took the Github Version of the Repetier Firmware and i tried the Repetier 0.92 with the Configurator. everytime the same. Strange is , that the Board is not coming up with the MCU USB Port, how should i program it , when Windows is not taking the Board ?

Greetings

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

Isel Portalfräse, gesteuert mit TripleBeast und Eding CNC
June 02, 2015 09:49AM
If your computer does not see the board it is not possible to program it, so something is wrong.
Is the dipswitch near de mcu toward the processor? (dont know if this affects the usb serial connection)
The way it works for me was connecting 12v power, usb on the usb/uart port (nr8 in the layout pictures, virtual com port) and it showed up on my pc. I havent tried the other usb port because it worked with nr8.
If you connect 12v and the usb in nr 8, does it pop up on windows?
June 02, 2015 01:47PM
Hi,

the Dipswitch is toward the Processor.
When i Power 12V and use the USB UART Nr8, Windows will see the Board.
When i use the Native USB without 12V nothing happens , Windows dont see the Board.
Dipswitch is toward Processor.

Tomorrow i try a different Computer with USB 2.0 maybe thats the issue... In the past i used some Arduino Clone with different Driver , so i take a look on a fresh and clean Windows .

Greetings

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 02, 2015 03:16PM
I tried the same thing now, and when i connect the board via the native usb to my computer (without 12v), nothing happens. Also the uart does not work without 12v.

When connected by uart i can upload firmware and make a connection from repetier so you dont really need the native usb? I think you need to upload firmware via the uart (nr8) usb port with 12v connected, so you can check if everything works.
Where can we find the usb settings for the native usb port?

Also in the user manual:

There are two USB interfaces
The native microcontroller USB port (able to be used as USB OTG port)
The USB/UART port
WARNING: Native port has OTG function, they
are directly connected to 5V power!
Do not connect Native USB port to the PC in presence of 12-24V power input.
Communicate with Alligator and with your printer only from the USB/UART port.
Native port should be used only as Host OTG.
Native port connected directly to the PC can be used only for board testing without 12-24V power input (for expert users only!)
It says that communications with alligator only by the USB/UART port is possible, so you should try uploading the firmware by this port with 12v connected and by following the steps on [github.com] to erase the flash and upload firmware. At least this worked for me on first try.
June 02, 2015 03:55PM
Mark O, your description is exactly the process, you folks are going through as I did, many, many, many times as I built mine smiling smiley (and sometimes still do in cases like these)

make sure that you have gone out to github and pulled in the alligator board arduino variant drivers for the arduino IDE. without that, it might make all this irrelevant...

[github.com]

if all is well and you have all that, then this should be how it works to compile and upload:

1. power to the alligator board
2. USB to the UART USB port on alligator board (windows should find it as an HS232; this is normal. Windows 7 might need a driver for this -I don't know. I am using both Windows 8 and windows 10+, and HS232 seem to be part of the OS (imagine that)
3. in the Arduino IDE, make sure you have the correct bootloader selected: I use Arduino ISP
4. under Board settings, make sure you have selected alligator Board R2 3D printer controller (USB/UART)
5. have a drink.
6. under the COM ports, make sure you have your COM port selected. if you cannot find the right COM port, it may be found under Device Manager|ports (COM & LPT).

on the MCU port,
the issue here is that the port is based on USB OTG, which means that it is a supplement to USB 2.0. in other words, you will need a USB 2.0 capable port to be able to use the MCU. all that being said your USB port will need to be able to provide enough power to the board to be able to program it, but it may not be enough to actually *drive* the board. what I did, for example, if plug in a powered USB hub, and plugged in my board to that, and the hub to my USB 2.0 port on my laptop. while it did work, and I was able to program and prove programming via MCU is *much* easier (i.e. no need to dip switch, methinks), the ideal and recommended approach is still the UART port, makes it much more simpler to remember, and less back and forth between ports- which *can* become brittle if you play with them too much -fair warning - just back and forth on a dip switch smiling smiley

hope this helps.
June 03, 2015 05:31AM
Hello,

This is helping me a lot ! And now ive the Problem. Arduino IDE normaly uses the AVRMK II Programmer and with this i tried to progam this. I try using the Ardiuno ISP Programmer now. OK, your Boards seem to act like my Board , so on, so fine :-)
Next i try your Ideas and will Report...

At the 3D Artists Github Page you have 2 Sites for the Alligator Drivers , witch one do you use ? There is Github-Alligator Page and Github-Alligator-Repetier-Firmware Page ... witch one is the right one ?

I hope i didnt break anything on the Board by trying wrong things ...

Greetings and Thanks a lot

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 03, 2015 05:50AM
I now see there are two places where r2 drivers are, i used the drivers in the Arduino Variant folder (the 1.6.3 version [github.com]), but i dont know if these drivers and the drivers in the repetier folder are the same?
June 03, 2015 08:04AM
I tried the same thing now, and when i connect the board via the native usb to my computer (without 12v), nothing happens. Also the uart does not work without 12v.

From Alligator serialnumber greater than 76, the board is not powered via USB, we added this change for use native port with 12V power in.
You can find the serialnumber of your Alligator on the bottom of the board.

I now see there are two places where r2 drivers are, i used the drivers in the Arduino Variant folder (the 1.6.3 version [github.com]), but i dont know if these drivers and the drivers in the repetier folder are the same?

For the Repetier-Firmware is recommended to use the files "alligator_r2" inside Repetier repository.
Variant files inside Repetier repository maintained by repetier and necessary for this firmware.

For other firmware as MarlinKimbra-Firmware use the 3dartists variant repository.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 08:05AM by MarcoAntonini.

Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board + Repetier Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Prusa Mendel + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware
June 03, 2015 08:43AM
Thanks Marco, i will change the firmware to the version in the repetier folder.
Still waiting for the last parts to come to start building!
June 03, 2015 03:28PM
Marco, does that mean, then, that rev 2, post ser. #76 boards will be able to directly use the MCU for programming *and* control? with 12/24v power?

I just might order another one...
June 04, 2015 01:42AM
Hello,

this is , what i did :

- uninstalled Arduino 1.6.3
- deleted Folder Arduino15 C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
- Windows restart
- install Arduino 1.6.3
- open Arduino, instal Board Manager SAM
- close Arduino
- open Arduino
- copy Files from 3DArtists/Github/Repetier to C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\Variants ( Alligator r1 and r2 and DUE-Repetier and Board.txt )
- install Glib8U
- copy 3DArtists/Github/Repetier/Boards/Arduino1+ Hardwareserial.h to C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino
- close Arduino
- connect Alligator with USB MCU and 12V Power
- Windows Printer and Device showed up Alligator as Bossa Program with Arduino (not FTDI) Driver
- open Repetier.ino
- verified Board Alligator R2 Native USB
- verified COM 6
- verified Programmer ARDUINO ISP
- Dipswitch toward Motor Driver, press Button, wait 1sec, Dipswitch toward Processor, press Button, wait 1 sec.
- compile Sketch

This is what Arduino says when i compile the Sketch:

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Platine: "Alligator 3D Printer Board R2 (Native USB Port)"

In file included from C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:183:0,

from HAL.h:139,

from Repetier.h:370,

from Commands.cpp:22:

C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:65:22: fatal error: USBAPI.h: No such file or directory

#include "USBAPI.h"

^

compilation terminated.

Fehler beim Kompilieren.

Dieser Report hätte mehr Informationen mit
"Ausführliche Ausgabe während der Kompilierung"
aktiviert in Datei > Einstellungen

Later i will try same Procedure on my Laptop, maybe my Windows is not ok. I Report next Week what happend.

I want to Thank all People here and Marco from 3DArtists in this Forum for Ideas and suggestions and for their Help. Witout you all, i ll be completely LOST !

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Greetings and have a nice Weekend !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 06:35AM by JET-A1.

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 04, 2015 07:26AM
Hello EljefedsecurIT ,

my Alligator Board Serial No is 0085 and i connected the MCU USB with 12Volt Power this Moning and it works. Windows takes the Alligator as a BOSSA PROGRAM.

Greetings

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 04, 2015 11:24AM
Hello I got mine a few days ago, all manage to run but can not get it to run stepper motors, making them move they freezes, what wrong? (What is proper connecting cable colors red/green/yellow/blue?) nema17 they are 0.6A
I use repetier firmware:
#define MICROSTEP_MODES { 32,32,32,32,32 } // [1,2,4,8,16,32]
#define MOTOR_CURRENT_PERCENT { 24,24,24,24,24}
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (25.7 KB)
June 04, 2015 01:10PM
shteecers
to test your motors, (without any power) cross the red and green, and then try to manually move the rod back and forth. if you have any resistance, they might be your pair. then attempt to do the same with red and yellow, red and blue. feel which ones give you resistance. once you've gotten a pair, it's just a matter of figuring out the pulsations. mine for example, are red/blue, and green/black.

once you have that figured out, plug them into the board, make sure you have them all nice and snug inside the plugs. depending on the # steps will also affect your steps/revolution, so that will also need to be accounted for.

I've not seen MOTOR_CURRENT_PERCENT, I've seen it as MOTOR_CURRENT is this something new or recently changed in the main?
I've used the repetier for alligator firmware offered here: [github.com]

if you have .6a motors, MOTOR_CURRENT would be set to 62, to reflect 24% of the driver's amperage range, or .6a

(MOTOR_CURRENT/ 255) * 2.5 = y amps out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 01:19PM by EljefedsecurIT.
June 04, 2015 03:42PM
@JET-A1,

these steps are not necessary:

- install Glib8U
- copy 3DArtists/Github/Repetier/Boards/Arduino1+ Hardwareserial.h to C:\Users\PELLE\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino

Arduino1+ Hardwareserial.h file should not be copied, this is creating your error.
Glib8U library is integrated in Repetier .

@ shteecers

Latest version of Repetier use MOTOR_CURRENT_PERCENT , previous versions use MOTOR_CURRENT.

MOTOR_CURRENT_PERCENT is the percentage of current, 0-100% , 100% is 2.5A.
MOTOR_CURRENT is raw value , 0-255 , 255 is 2.5A.

What is the model of your motor?

@ EljefedsecurIT

you can use the native port (with 12V) by simply removing the red wire from a standard USB cable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 03:51PM by MarcoAntonini.

Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board + Repetier Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
June 04, 2015 04:19PM
For now I have 17HS2408 later I will upgreid to other nema17
Step Angle ( 。): 1.8。
Motor Length (mm): 28mm
Rated current (A): 0.6 A
Phase Resistance (Ω): 8 Ω
Phase Inductance (mH): 10 mH
Holding Torque (N.cm min): 12 N.cm
Detent Torque (N.cm max): 1.6 N.cm
June 04, 2015 05:36PM
All motor not moving? you've tried motor extruder?
It could be a end-stop problems.

June 09, 2015 01:45AM
Hello,

this Morning I try to install Repetier Firmware to the Alligator Board.
This is what I did:

-unistal Arduino
-delete C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
-restart Windows
-login as Administrator (everytime)
-install Arduino 1.6.3
-restart Windows
-install SAM in Arduino Board Manager
-restart Windows
-copy Files from Alligator-Repetier-Firmware-work092\src ... Board.txt and Alligator Files
-restart Windows
-Start Repetier.ino
-Board Alligator r2 Native
-Port COM 5
-Arduino Programmer ARDUINO ISP
-Dipswitch toward Motor Driver
-press Button
-wait 1 sec.
-Dipswitch Toward Processor
-press Button
-wait 1 sec.
-compile Sketch

Error Message from Arduino:

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Platine: "Alligator 3D Printer Board R2 (Native USB Port)"

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:338:55: error: no matching function for call to 'UARTClass::UARTClass(Uart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)'

UARTClass Serial(UART, UART_IRQn, ID_UART, &rx_buffer1);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:338:55: note: candidates are:

In file included from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.h:38:0,

from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:20:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/UARTClass.h:45:5: note: UARTClass::UARTClass(Uart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)

UARTClass(Uart* pUart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/UARTClass.h:45:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/UARTClass.h:35:7: note: UARTClass::UARTClass(const UARTClass&)

class UARTClass : public HardwareSerial

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/UARTClass.h:35:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:356:63: error: no matching function for call to 'USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)'

USARTClass Serial1(USART0, USART0_IRQn, ID_USART0, &rx_buffer2);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:356:63: note: candidates are:

In file included from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.h:39:0,

from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:20:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)

USARTClass(Usart* pUsart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(const USARTClass&)

class USARTClass : public UARTClass

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:359:63: error: no matching function for call to 'USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)'

USARTClass Serial2(USART1, USART1_IRQn, ID_USART1, &rx_buffer3);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:359:63: note: candidates are:

In file included from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.h:39:0,

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)

USARTClass(Usart* pUsart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(const USARTClass&)

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:362:63: error: no matching function for call to 'USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)'

USARTClass Serial3(USART3, USART3_IRQn, ID_USART3, &rx_buffer4);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\variants\alligator_r2\variant.cpp:362:63: note: candidates are:

^

^

Fehler beim Kompilieren.

Dieser Report hätte mehr Informationen mit
"Ausführliche Ausgabe während der Kompilierung"
aktiviert in Datei > Einstellungen

This Problem no longer happens , see Post below :.)

Greetings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 10:14AM by JET-A1.

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 09, 2015 10:13AM
Hello,

good News, I got the Repetier Firmware on the Alligator ... YES ... After many try and error I put the Arduiono 1.6.3 ZIP File ( no Admin install ) on my D: Drive and it works with both UART USB and MCU USB .
I don't know whats the difference between the Arduino.exe and the Arduino.zip ?!?!
Important is the following, USB MCU PORT gets his Driver from Arduino\Drivers\ and the UART USB PORT from Arduino\Drivers\FTDI\ .
At WWW.ARDUINO.CC under Learning, Getting Started, you can read, how to set up the Drivers right, for Arduino DUE.

I also got the actual Repetier Firmware 0.92.3 flashed to the Alligator . The additional Files arduino_due_repetier and Board.txt are incuded when you download the entire Firmware from the Repetier Configurator Page.

I am glad it works now.

Greetings

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

June 09, 2015 03:56PM
Hello,

today i try to connect my Alligator with an RepRap Discount Full Graphic Display 12864 with 2 * 10 Pin Connectors ( Red PCB, Blue Backlighted Display, Rotary Encoder with Push Button, Buzzer, SD-SLOT, Kill Switch, mostley sold in the Bay ) .

I made a Map, you can see witch Pins should welded together:

Alligator Pin 1 (+5,0 Volt) to Display EXP1 Pin 10
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Alligator Pin 2 (3,3Volt) NO CONNECTION
Alligator Pin 3 (LCD-RS) to Display EXP1 Pin 4
Alligator Pin 4 (Buzzer) to Display EXP1 Pin 1
Alligator Pin 5 (LCD-D4) to Display EXP1 Pin 5
Alligator Pin 6 (ENC-EN2) to Display EXP2 Pin 5
Alligator Pin 7 (ENC-EN1) to Display EXP2 Pin 3
Alligator Pin 8 (ENC-BTN) to Display EXP1 Pin 2
Alligator Pin 9 (LCD-E) to Display EXP1 Pin 3
Alligator Pin 10 (GND) to Display EXP1 Pin 9

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Many thanks to EljefedsecurIT and Marco from 3DArtisits for explaining the Alligator Connector smiling bouncing smiley

Greetings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 06:37AM by JET-A1.

Prusa MK3s
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k

Attachments:
open | download - AlligatorDisplay.JPG (125.3 KB)
June 12, 2015 11:35AM
Hello I just purchased my alligator board at the beginning of this week. What has been your guys experience with shipping times to the states?
June 13, 2015 09:22AM
Hi,

I have for sale a NIB Alligator board 110€, shipped with tracking, worldwide.
Shipment only to confirmed Paypal address, no exceptions.

Geotete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2015 01:21PM by geotete.
June 19, 2015 08:39PM
Solved: used the github Alligator-Arduino-variant instead of the ones listed for repetier and everything worked out fine.

I keep getting this same error. Any ideas where I am messing up?

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Alligator 3D Printer Board R2 (Programming Port)"

In file included from HAL.h:142:0,

from Repetier.h:388,

from Commands.cpp:22:

C:\Users\TREVOR\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.3\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:189:21: fatal error: variant.h: No such file or directory

#include "variant.h"

^

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 11:05PM by Brex480.
June 24, 2015 02:23PM
Ok this is really the first time I have attempted really changing the electronics around and messing with the firmware. So far it has been extremely frustrating at times but I kept with it and after hours of reading I'm proud to say I think I'm starting to get it. I have it up and running on my reprappro mendel using repetier. I even build my own z probe and somehow get it all working.

Now here is my problem. I'm trying to hook up a mini servo to make my z probe completely automatic but I have to clue which pins are which. Using the repetier .92 config tool it list the usual pins such as fans and heaters. But then it says digital pins 1-50ish. I have tried all three PWM connection using the default digital pin 11 in the firmware and nothing. How is it I figure out which pins is what? Also am I correct in thinking that the PWM pin is capable of controlling the signal wire of the servo?
June 27, 2015 05:30PM
Hi Brex480,

you can connect a servo to the PWM connector (black connector near to USB ), this is a pinout :

PC4 D36
PC8 D40
PC9 D41

in Repetier sets :

#define FEATURE_SERVO 1
#define SERVO0_PIN 36
#define SERVO1_PIN 40
#define SERVO2_PIN 41
#define SERVO3_PIN -1

June 29, 2015 08:23PM
Hey Marco? I don't think I ever got clarified; will the alligator board support microstep modes 1,2,4 and 8? I've honestly only seen references for 16 & 32,and all my stuff runs on 32 for my delta...but this 2nd printer might need a geared stepper.
I am looking at a geared motor for a z-axis design and would rather not microstep, and I would like to think lower microsteps are in the repetier and marlin firmwares?

just checking before I go hacking around in the code...
June 30, 2015 03:51PM
Hi EljefedsecurIT ,

via firmware can be configured only 1/16 or 1/32 micro-stepping, for 1, 1/2, 1/4 ,1/8 is necessary to solder a jumper on the board.
MS0 e MS1 are controlled via firmware, MS3 (necessary for 1, 1/2 , 1/4 , 1/8) is chosen by the user and require to well a resistor jumper in position R59 or R128 (0 ohm ) see Alligator schematics (page 15).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 03:54PM by MarcoAntonini.

July 01, 2015 08:43AM
Hello me again. Thanks for the help with the servo. I hope to test it out this weekend. Also ordered piggy lite and a e3d cyclops so should be having some more fun in the future.

Anyways the point of this post is I'm wondering if the board supports atx power supply standby? If so has anyone ever tried controlling a normal power supply with a 120v relay and a second small 5v DC adaptor for standby V? Only thing I'm not sure of is what kind a current the control coil for that large of relay would require but I'm sure that can be overcome pretty easy with a second relay or something. Any help in this little idea I have would be great as I hate starting a few hour print then having it just on while I'm stuck at work.
July 21, 2015 11:22AM
I am enjoying my Alligator, but I am having a slight problem. Has anyone been able to get PWM control working with MarlinKimbra? I can only get my laser to turn on or off, but no TTL. Pin 36 reads 0.5v when off, and 3.3v while on. If I send M3 S(0-127) the pin stays low, if I send M3 S(128-255) the pin goes high. I have scoured the code but I cannot seem to find the problem. I assigned the pins in LASERBEAM function and made sure it is defined in the config file. I have tried using M42 command to control the pin directly as well with the same results. Any help is much appreciated!
July 21, 2015 03:13PM
Hi daa5933,

is a software error in MarlinKimbra, Mago Kimbra has solved the problem, try again with the latest code on github smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login