Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China

Posted by vreihen 
Re: New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China
March 11, 2017 07:49PM
Hi I'm looking for some help setting up dual extrusion.
I've have used this board (Ver 1.3) for some time without issues, however I'm struggling to get two extruders working. When I attempt to turn the heater on for any individual extruder, it turns both heaters on (both LED's come on at the same time and both hotends heat up). When I try to extrude from the second extruder (T1) it only extrudes from the first extruder (T0). I have tried the latest edge ... no luck.

Here is the relevant config section.

## Extruder module configuration
# See [smoothieware.org]
extruder.hotend.enable true # Whether to activate the extruder module at all. Config is ignored if false
extruder.hotend.steps_per_mm 277 # Steps per mm for extruder stepper
extruder.hotend.default_feed_rate 600 # Default rate ( mm/minute ) for moves where only the extruder moves
extruder.hotend.acceleration 500 # Acceleration for the stepper motor mm/sec²
extruder.hotend.max_speed 50 # Maximum speed in mm/s

extruder.hotend.step_pin 2.3 # Pin for extruder step signal
extruder.hotend.dir_pin 0.22 # Pin for extruder dir signal ( add '!' to reverse direction )
extruder.hotend.en_pin 0.21 # Pin for extruder enable signal

# Extruder offset
#extruder.hotend.x_offset 0 # X offset from origin in mm
#extruder.hotend.y_offset 0 # Y offset from origin in mm
#extruder.hotend.z_offset 0 # Z offset from origin in mm

# Firmware retract settings when using G10/G11, these are the defaults if not defined, must be defined for each extruder
# if not using the defaults

#extruder.hotend.retract_length 3 # Retract length in mm
#extruder.hotend.retract_feedrate 45 # Retract feedrate in mm/sec
#extruder.hotend.retract_recover_length 0 # Additional length for recover
#extruder.hotend.retract_recover_feedrate 8 # Recover feedrate in mm/sec (should be less than retract feedrate)
#extruder.hotend.retract_zlift_length 0 # Z-lift on retract in mm, 0 disables
#extruder.hotend.retract_zlift_feedrate 6000 # Z-lift feedrate in mm/min (Note mm/min NOT mm/sec)

delta_current 2.0 # First extruder stepper motor current

# Second extruder module configuration
#extruder.hotend2.enable true # Whether to activate the extruder module at all. Cnfig is ignored if false
#extruder.hotend2.steps_per_mm 277 # Steps per mm for extruder stepper
#extruder.hotend2.default_feed_rate 600 # Default rate ( mm/minute ) for moves where only the extruder moves
#extruder.hotend2.acceleration 500 # Acceleration for the stepper motor, as of 0.6, arbitrary ratio
#extruder.hotend2.max_speed 50 # mm/s

#extruder.hotend2.step_pin 2.8 # Pin for extruder step signal
#extruder.hotend2.dir_pin 2.13 # Pin for extruder dir signal ( add '!' to reverse direction )
#extruder.hotend2.en_pin 4.29 # Pin for extruder enable signal

extruder.hotend2.x_offset 0 # x offset from origin in mm
extruder.hotend2.y_offset 17.5 # y offset from origin in mm
extruder.hotend2.z_offset 0 # z offset from origin in mm

#epsilon_current 1.5 # Second extruder stepper motor current

## Laser module configuration
# See [smoothieware.org]
laser_module_enable false # Whether to activate the laser module at all
laser_module_pwm_pin 2.5 # This pin will be PWMed to control the laser.
# Only pins 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 1.18, 1.20, 1.21, 1.23,
# 1.24, 1.26, 3.25 and 3.26
# can be used since laser requires hardware PWM
#laser_module_ttl_pin 1.30 # This pin turns on when the laser is on, and off when the laser turns off.
#laser_module_maximum_power 1.0 # This is the maximum duty cycle that will be applied to the laser
#laser_module_minimum_power 0.0 # This is a value just below the minimum duty cycle that keeps the laser
# active without actually burning.
#laser_module_default_power 0.8 # This is the default laser power that will be used for cuts if a power
# has not been specified. The value is a scale between
# the maximum and minimum power levels specified above
#laser_module_pwm_period 20 # This sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds

## Temperature control configuration
# See [smoothieware.org]

# First hotend configuration
temperature_control.hotend.enable true # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all.
temperature_control.hotend.thermistor_pin 0.23 # Pin for the thermistor to read
temperature_control.hotend.heater_pin 2.7 # Pin that controls the heater, set to nc if a readonly thermistor is being defined
temperature_control.hotend.thermistor EPCOS100K # See [smoothieware.org]
#temperature_control.hotend.beta 4066 # Or set the beta value
temperature_control.hotend.set_m_code 104 # M-code to set the temperature for this module
temperature_control.hotend.set_and_wait_m_code 109 # M-code to set-and-wait for this module
temperature_control.hotend.designator T0 # Designator letter for this module
#temperature_control.hotend.max_temp 270 # Set maximum temperature - Will prevent heating above 300 by default
#temperature_control.hotend.min_temp 0 # Set minimum temperature - Will prevent heating below if set

# Safety control is enabled by default and can be overidden here, the values show the defaults
# See [smoothieware.org]
#temperature_control.hotend.runaway_heating_timeout 900 # How long it can take to heat up, max is 2040 seconds.
#temperature_control.hotend.runaway_cooling_timeout 0 # How long it can take to cool down if temp is set lower, max is 2040 seconds
#temperature_control.hotend.runaway_range 20 # How far from the set temperature it can wander, max setting is 63°C

# PID configuration
# See [smoothieware.org]
#temperature_control.hotend.p_factor 13.7 # P ( proportional ) factor
#temperature_control.hotend.i_factor 0.097 # I ( integral ) factor
#temperature_control.hotend.d_factor 24 # D ( derivative ) factor

#temperature_control.hotend.max_pwm 64 # Max pwm, 64 is a good value if driving a 12v resistor with 24v.

# Second hotend configuration
temperature_control.hotend2.enable true # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all.
temperature_control.hotend2.thermistor_pin 0.25 # Pin for the thermistor to read
temperature_control.hotend2.heater_pin 2.6 # Pin that controls the heater
temperature_control.hotend2.thermistor EPCOS100K # See [smoothieware.org]
##temperature_control.hotend2.beta 4066 # or set the beta value
temperature_control.hotend2.set_m_code 104 # M-code to set the temperature for this module
temperature_control.hotend2.set_and_wait_m_code 109 # M-code to set-and-wait for this module
temperature_control.hotend2.designator T1 # Designator letter for this module

#temperature_control.hotend2.p_factor 13.7 # P ( proportional ) factor
#temperature_control.hotend2.i_factor 0.097 # I ( integral ) factor
#temperature_control.hotend2.d_factor 24 # D ( derivative ) factor

#temperature_control.hotend2.max_pwm 64 # Max pwm, 64 is a good value if driving a 12v resistor with 24v.

temperature_control.bed.enable true # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all.
temperature_control.bed.thermistor_pin 0.24 # Pin for the thermistor to read
temperature_control.bed.heater_pin 2.5 # Pin that controls the heater
temperature_control.bed.thermistor Honeywell100K # See [smoothieware.org]
#temperature_control.bed.beta 3974 # Or set the beta value
temperature_control.bed.set_m_code 140 # M-code to set the temperature for this module
temperature_control.bed.set_and_wait_m_code 190 # M-code to set-and-wait for this module
temperature_control.bed.designator B # Designator letter for this module

# Bang-bang ( simplified ) control
# See [smoothieware.org]
temperature_control.bed.bang_bang true # Set to true to use bang bang control rather than PID
temperature_control.bed.hysteresis 2.0 # Set to the temperature in degrees C to use as hysteresis
March 23, 2017 08:55PM
Does anyone know what SMD at F2 is? the one with number "15" on it? I reversed the 12V power and it caused the F2 to spark. now it won't turn on using 12v but It does turn on using USB cable.
I'm an electronic noob so I googled it and it seems like it is a zener diode or is it?. anyone know a direct replacement?

thanks in advance.
reboot (?) during printing
April 16, 2017 01:10AM
Hi! Few days ago I received my MKS SBASE 1.3 board with MKS TFT32 from aliexpress seller "HUA KE ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.". I uploaded the newest Smoothiware firmware, and after some config the printer works. Yesterday I printed an object, and approxx 50% the printing broken. I think was a short blackout, a second time printed well. Later I tried print another model, but the printing broken again. I can't see nothing blackout, just printing stopped, after this, I can't controll trough LCD, need reset the LCD board.

What do you think, what is the problem? My power supply 24 V, 17A, IMHO enough for my Prusa P3 steel. Is the newest smoothie firmware have bug? Or I need the firmware, what is on the MKS SBASE github page?

Thanks for help!

Istvan from Hungary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2017 01:11AM by feket663.
Re: reboot (?) during printing
April 16, 2017 06:16AM
Do you print from USB or SD-card?
Printing from USB can cause trouble, when the data stream stopps for some reason.
Re: reboot (?) during printing
April 16, 2017 07:50AM
I'm printing form USB stick, but, if I remember correctly, once reboot the board when I move the axises with LCD module (without printing).
April 22, 2017 10:53AM
If you are using the file you posted, you have the 2nd extruder commented out. Remove the # before all the 2nd extruder lines.
April 22, 2017 06:54PM
Hey all,

I'm trying to set up my new MKS-SBASE board on my delta.

I cannot reverse direction of the alpha stepper motor. I've tried setting alpha_dir_pin to 0.5 or 0.5! No change.

I was able to successfully change the beta and gamma steppers, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

I swapped the plugs for my alpha and beta motors, just to be sure there's nothing wrong with the stepper itself. As expected, the beta stepper started going backwards.

I also verified that the config setting was actually being read by checking with @config-get. It is.

I'm testing by issuing the G28 command, which should home 'up.' The rest of my configuration is typical delta. I started with the smoothieware default delta config file.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 08:07PM by mkeveney.
April 29, 2017 06:35PM
I've done a bit more experimenting. With a variety of firmware versions and configuration files, the alpha stepper turns in only one direction. I connect with Pronterface and command small steps in positive X; then negative X... the alpha (or X) stepper turns in the same direction in every case.

I'm convinced I have a bad board. I'll contact the MKS folks and see if I can exchange it.

Anyone else run into this?

-Matt
June 03, 2017 07:34PM
kylaris
Does anyone know what SMD at F2 is? the one with number "15" on it? I reversed the 12V power and it caused the F2 to spark. now it won't turn on using 12v but It does turn on using USB cable.
I'm an electronic noob so I googled it and it seems like it is a zener diode or is it?. anyone know a direct replacement?

thanks in advance.

Same here, but I blew up the D2 (diode). I think the F2 is a FUSE.

Does anyboy know the values of these parts?

Thanks in advance!!!
June 05, 2017 02:01PM
are you have some problem to tune fan?
i can t arrive ti use them ..i have followed the wiki so i don t understand why they doesn t work..
June 07, 2017 02:04PM
epoxi
Same here, but I blew up the D2 (diode). I think the F2 is a FUSE.

Does anyboy know the values of these parts?

Thanks in advance!!!

For anyone with the same problem, the values of these parts are:

F2: 15A - Package: SMD - 3216
D6 (not D2): S1G - Package: DO-214AC (SMA)
June 08, 2017 09:45AM
don't use their firmware use smoothiewares-edge theres issus with their mks firmware not the config fill then your endstops will work correctly

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 24, 2017 07:53PM
Just wanted to report that my MKS-SBASE board was indeed defective. The MKS folks repaired and returned it. A bad controller chip I understand.

It took over four weeks to ship from US to China via USMail... If you need to make a return, I recommend you find another option. Shipping from China back to me was just 11 days. Otherwise it all went smoothly. MKS handled it well with good communication.

Given that I've seen no similar reports in this forum, I'm inclined to believe it was a one-time thing and can still recommend MKS.

The board works nicely and seems to operate more smoothly than my old RAMPS board, but that's purely a subjective observation.

I also got the TFT32 touch screen, mostly to just check it out. It works well and was easy to set up. It has some configurability, but not as much as I'd like. I think MKS would do well to open-source the code; It might make a great front-end for laser cutters and other CNC machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 08:04PM by mkeveney.
June 24, 2017 08:02PM
By the way....

I left my micro-stepping jumper in the 16x position. My printer is configured and running fine.

Do you folks use 32x? Has anyone tried both and seen a significant difference?

-Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 08:03PM by mkeveney.
July 10, 2017 06:36PM
flyway97
Hi, you can find all the data about MKS TFT at [github.com] .
we will keep on develop the firmware, if have any suggest please send email to king@makerbase.com.cn.
but we can't provide the source code, we feel very sorry for that.

have you all fixed the ethernet issues on the 1.3 sbase boards?
August 05, 2017 02:51AM
Mks support is poor,,,response is slow and when Mis King respond you will get no any help..My MKS Sbase1,2 network do not work and i am not able to get second extruder reading,I get constant print freezes in middle of long time prints when use S3D slicer ,,,several e-mail and attempt to contact MKS on aliexpress failed,,,Finally i get sarcastic reply from Miss King and opinion than board do not work because i am retarder,,,all board she sell works prefect bit i am only guy not able to set up , Since Frank Way change job position support d not exist..Only thing MKS want is to take your money and than they stop respond,

HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO AVOID BUYING MKS PRODUCT ESPECIALLY PARASITE MKS SBASE FAKE OPEN SOURCE BOARD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 02:54AM by edvard051.
August 11, 2017 01:44AM
no problem with mine
i have 1.3
you should send back the defective board``
open an opposition that all and stop to cry
August 11, 2017 06:43AM
I just sent to garbage and install new board ,
August 19, 2017 05:56AM
Hello,

I was just looking through the github page for this board, and any schematics/layouts etc. are gone. I realize that they were only .pdfs and not design files. By any chance does anyone have a copy of them that they would be willing to send to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login