Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China

Posted by vreihen 
Re: New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China
October 11, 2016 05:59AM
flyway97
Hello, this is the PIN port map of MKS Sbase.

I have put the correct number of "pin". All seem ok, I contacted the seller on aliexpress at MKS to help me because this may be a problem on some MKS.

- Prusa I3 rework HomeMade
- Roxanne HomeMade
- Prusa I2 Kit (à légué sa place à roxanne)
- iTopie En cours (Conception par Skarab)

Sur tout ça un extrudeur WadeL3K : [www.thingiverse.com]
October 11, 2016 11:51PM
flyway97
Do you want automatiac leveling? The The Servo motor is not used for leveling.
No, I need extruders change with the servo.
October 12, 2016 11:01AM
If anyone in the states want one, I'm selling my SBASE v1.2. It's been modded with stable oscillators (I'm the one who discovered the initial issue), and the DRV8825s are forced into fast decay mode to allow the use of low inductance steppers with 24v, so no need to mess with diodes. In my opinion mixed decay on the DRV8825 is useless...

I was using this board on a 24v Kossel 250 with 0.9deg steppers. After modding to fast decay mode it's nice and smooth and no problems with up to 300mm/sec moves...which with 0.9deg steppers is pushing the 100MHz MCU.

Flawless condition and rock solid stable. $50 PayPal shipped anywhere in the US and its yours.
October 15, 2016 09:49AM
wetsparks
OK, had a thought and tried M119. It showed Y an Z end stops had 1s to them. So I have 'nc' outed these end stops for now, just in case this was the problem.

No luck, the fault is still there angry smiley

Hi, i have found a solution to the optical endstop on MKS,

In the declaration of "gamma_min_endstop" the correct value is : gamma_min_endstop 1.28v

The "v" argument is for activate the pull down.

- Prusa I3 rework HomeMade
- Roxanne HomeMade
- Prusa I2 Kit (à légué sa place à roxanne)
- iTopie En cours (Conception par Skarab)

Sur tout ça un extrudeur WadeL3K : [www.thingiverse.com]
October 15, 2016 12:59PM
Solved the problem, thanks to some quick technical help from MKS smiling smiley

The problem was that me slicer Simplfy3D was putting in an M105 command, cos I had ticked a box for it to do so. This was reporting back to the software the extruder temperature after each layer, this was causing the delay.

thumbs up for MKS support on this one.
October 18, 2016 06:13AM
haha, you're welcome. I am very happy I can help you.
October 19, 2016 02:18AM
great sharing! Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 02:31AM by Bobyni.
October 19, 2016 02:25AM
Thanks for sharing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 02:32AM by Bobyni.
October 19, 2016 02:29AM
By adding a pull down in smoothie
October 22, 2016 06:40PM
Not sure if anyone can help here but I just got the MKS SBASE 1.3 board off amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FVT5VA8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

When I plug it in the lights all light up (attached picture) D7 is brighter then the LEDs on the left all flash in sync (red arrows). I can not get the board to show up in windows. I am tempted to just return it but would like to get my printer back up and running.
October 24, 2016 12:41PM
none of the lights will light up proper untill you have flashed it with the firmware, also install ftdi driver so your usb can see the board. Those leds with red arrows pointing to them work when the heater is on of fan which ever connector is turned on, they just flash as it's got no firmware to instruct what to do. you shouldn't need your windows to see it to get firmware on just upload the firmware to a micro sd then put it in without it being powered then, plug in usb then two lights at the top next to the j7 pins two should slowly blink then after a few seconds start flashing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2016 12:49PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
October 26, 2016 06:44AM
is the power from usb enough to power up the sbase v1.3 and mks tft 32 ?
thx
October 26, 2016 05:53PM
hi there is possible to select different stepping tham 1@32 ?
October 27, 2016 03:48AM
Hello, the power from USB isn't enough to power up the sbase v1.3 and mks tft32, you should connect a external 12V power supply.
It's possible to select different stepping tham 1@32.smileys with beer
October 27, 2016 04:37AM
Sorry,as your desciption, the mainboard is broken......
October 27, 2016 12:35PM
you either can have 1x16 stepping or 1/32 there is a jumper setting

up and running
November 02, 2016 04:12AM
You only need to change the pulse, and then transfer to 36 Segmentation.
November 21, 2016 03:31PM
Hello everybody.
I found a strange thing (on delta)
If the official smoothie flash on mks sbase - trim for endstop not working.
rollback occurs regardless of the trim values.
rolls back to length homing_retract.
Help me, please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 03:33PM by silensilen.
November 21, 2016 08:41PM
w3drk
If anyone in the states want one, I'm selling my SBASE v1.2. It's been modded with stable oscillators (I'm the one who discovered the initial issue), and the DRV8825s are forced into fast decay mode to allow the use of low inductance steppers with 24v, so no need to mess with diodes. In my opinion mixed decay on the DRV8825 is useless...

I was using this board on a 24v Kossel 250 with 0.9deg steppers. After modding to fast decay mode it's nice and smooth and no problems with up to 300mm/sec moves...which with 0.9deg steppers is pushing the 100MHz MCU.

Flawless condition and rock solid stable. $50 PayPal shipped anywhere in the US and its yours.

I'm really disappointed with this board. Everything installed, edge version running and all seems ok but...

Im having horrible, I mean really horrible high pitch noise coming from the motors. Would you mind to share how you forced to fast decay mode?

I suspect is coming from the drivers. Tried different settings, tried 1/16 and nothing.

Has anyone else found a solution for that?

Cheers,

Raph
November 22, 2016 11:55AM
well i have mine running at 12v and mine seem ok but I'm use to noise working with cncs all day but i believe its noiser at 24v, theres a mod im sure there is if you google it changing the decay mode

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 11:56AM by chris33.

up and running
November 27, 2016 10:04AM
Has the board 3.3v power enough to feed ESP8266 (512)?
I connected my ESP to 3.3v endstop jumper pin. Is it safe for a long run?
November 27, 2016 01:21PM
Djrema
w3drk

I'm really disappointed with this board. Everything installed, edge version running and all seems ok but...

Im having horrible, I mean really horrible high pitch noise coming from the motors. Would you mind to share how you forced to fast decay mode?

I suspect is coming from the drivers. Tried different settings, tried 1/16 and nothing.

Cheers,

Raph

chris33
well i have mine running at 12v and mine seem ok but I'm use to noise working with cncs all day but i believe its noiser at 24v, theres a mod im sure there is if you google it changing the decay mode

W3DRK probably used this method, but I think you are looking for this solution, because neither fast decay and mixed decay mode aren't a complete solution...Read through the blog, but take your time (and probably a couple cups of coffee winking smiley )
To make a long story short one should create a circuit with several 1N5404 or 1N5408 diodes for every axis

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2016 01:28PM by Billi3.
November 27, 2016 05:31PM
I have the SBASE and I noticed that the 5V rail is always under-voltage, measured to be about 4.6-4.7V. This causes some optical endstops to not work because I have one that rated min 5V and cannot function on anything below 4.8V.
November 27, 2016 06:42PM
A few pages back someone else reported problems with optic sensors and I think they found a solution. Worth to dig it.
November 27, 2016 06:46PM
Thanks Billi3. Tested on 1N5408 and worked. Eliminated 95% of the noise. There is still some, but barely noticeable - That doesn't make me willing to kill myself any more.

Appreciate that.
November 28, 2016 06:34AM
Djrema
Thanks Billi3. Tested on 1N5408 and worked. Eliminated 95% of the noise. There is still some, but barely noticeable - That doesn't make me willing to kill myself any more.

Appreciate that.
That's great to hear. Especially the part of not wanting to commit suicide winking smiley
November 28, 2016 08:53AM
Billi3
Djrema
w3drk

anyone with a physical picture of the cuircit they made for the diodes as im rubbish at looking at diagrams and find it easier to copy form a physical one thanks

Cheers,

Raph

chris33

W3DRK probably used this method, but I think you are looking for this solution, because neither fast decay and mixed decay mode aren't a complete solution...Read through the blog, but take your time (and probably a couple cups of coffee winking smiley )
To make a long story short one should create a circuit with several 1N5404 or 1N5408 diodes for every axis

up and running
November 28, 2016 11:48AM
w3drk

Can you please provide more details about the fast decay modification? I guess you have to remove the passive heat sink which sits on top of stepper driver ICs.
December 01, 2016 05:20PM
December 20, 2016 04:42AM
arthurwolf
[plus.google.com]

I'm sure the cost he will be deducted would be peanuts compared to what people pay in the west for these boards, China's lack of legislation to protect employee's is not a reason not to buy this board, Im sure this behaviour is not limited to MKS only, by your logic buying anything from China is a big no no, and in case you didn't know, EVERYTHING is made in China. The board being closed source is a reason not to buy the board, but posting stuff like that makes you look slightly bitter i'm afraid.

Has anyone found a way to get Axis Position on the TFT32? Its handy to know what height the Z is etc whilst printing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login