Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schematic for HE3D 128x64 version display for Melzi ?

Posted by mr.sneezy 
Schematic for HE3D 128x64 version display for Melzi ?
March 02, 2015 08:18AM
Guys,
It appears that this vendor sells a HE3D Melzi version of the common 128x64 RAMPS discount smart controller that's been modified for Melzi boards (which don't have the I/O connections of RAMPS and even the Sanginololu has).
[www.aliexpress.com]

I'm not sure about this, but I think it may have either an SPI LCD or a IIC I/O expander chip on board.

Has anyone seen a schematic for this version because I'd like to see what's been added that could useful to convert the old RAMPS version smart controllers to Melzi use ?
Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 08:19AM by mr.sneezy.
Re: Schematic for HE3D 128x64 version display for Melzi ?
March 03, 2015 03:57AM
Today I found some information I'd been searching for regarding the many variations of LCD displays for Repraps systems. I'd assumed that the RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller clone I have used 4bit or 8bit parallel data transfer like the Panelolu to drive the LCD, but a friend today noticed that's not the case on the schematic for that one in the Reprap Wiki. It uses a serial mode I not been aware of on that LCD driver chip, and that means a Melzi board has enough I/O's to drive it.

So the need for a schematic for the HE3D version has gone, and the information I also found today here completes what I need to know.
[www.thingiverse.com]
At least it will until I build and try this adapter in a few days time and find out if it works...
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login