Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

techzone remix power supply connections

Posted by Anthong 
Hello, I have the techzon remix electronics. I've been able to successfully test my mainboard and extruder board because I can plug into them using the USB cable. However, I am having a hard time finding any confidence in how to connect the power supply.

I saw the board layout .pdf on the techzone page, and there's plenty of info on atx power supply pinouts, but the terms between the 2 don;t match up.

what's NC, TDI, TCK, TDO match to?

thanks in advance.
Re: techzone remix power supply connections
May 29, 2010 05:28AM
I'm just guessing from the names here, but doing so they don't seem to be power connections:

NC  -- Not Connected
TDI -- Two wire communications Data In
TCK -- Two wire communications ClocK
TDO -- Two wire communications Data Out

HTH,
Reinout
May 29, 2010 02:31PM
That is the JTAG header NOT the I2C header.

JTAG is used for program debugging. This is not used on the Sanguino as this port is also used the X axis. Enabling JTAG would cause the axis to not work.

The signals you need for USB connectivity are called RX, TX, DSR, RTS.

The I2C (TWI) signal names are
SDA -- serial data
SCL -- serial clock

These signals are also multiplexed with other pins.

Power and ground depend if the electronics are configured for makerbot (ATX supply) or reprap (Injected power) Not sure what interface Techzone is using.

-julie
Thanks for the replies. I'm buildinwg a McWire and Just want to get the thing working, I have the USB stuff connected fine, I put the jumper on it to let it be powered from that and it's working great for that. I'm just not sure about the pins to connect to the mainboard to turn the power supply on and off etc. that usually go with the mainboard it accepts the direct molex connector fromt he power suplly:
[reprap.org]

but I have this:
[reprap.org]

so I'm confused which pins go where between the atx power supply and the mainboard still, I have some educated guesses of course, I just like to some due diligence and have a little confidence first. thanks.
May 29, 2010 06:08PM
It does not look like the techzone remix version supports ATX connectivity.

The PDF implies power comes in from the USB to RS232 header. You could also inject 5V only to either the JTAG header or the ISP header.

To use an ATX supply one would need to remove the 3.3v regulator (as this is generated more efficiently on the ATX supply. Also needed would be a load resistor and a switch for turning the ATX supply on and off. Such changes would require a separate power distribution board. This board would connect between the USB cable and the mainboard.

There is no place on this board for the 12Volt pass through to the Steppers. The lack of an on board 5 volt regulator is also an indicator that this is the bare minimum.

The 3.3V and resistor array is used for powering the SD card. I do not see this on the layout. Is the socket mounted on the back? The 3.3 is really only needed for the SD card.

-julie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login