Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Display Only works from USB power after press an end stop

Posted by NathanSB 
RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Display Only works from USB power after press an end stop
January 29, 2015 05:47PM
Hi there,

I got a new Ramps 1.4 board, Mega controller, Full graphic display and 5 stepper drivers for a Prusa i3 build I am putting together.

I was wiring the motors, hot end and end stops in to the Ramps board and then when I clicked the three end stops, the full graphic display shut off and I could smell a burning smell?

After this happened, the display will only come on after the ramps/mega are plugged in to PC USB power (the controller can be connected to in Repetier).

Can anyone give me any advice on what might have happened? I bought the set off Amazon, the manufacturer is called SINTRON.

Kindest regards,

Nathan
Re: RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Display Only works from USB power after press an end stop
January 29, 2015 06:25PM
You have plugged you endstops in wrong. they are now shorting 5v to grd when closed.

This has killed the voltage regulator on the mega.
Dust
You have plugged you endstops in wrong. they are now shorting 5v to grd when closed.

This has killed the voltage regulator on the mega.

Is this easily replaced? Thanks for your reply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login