Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Megatronics with RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller

Posted by topias5 
Megatronics with RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller
January 14, 2015 03:26PM
I would like to connect a RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller to Megatronics v.2.0 but I'm missing some pinout information. Where I can find the information how to connect the screen?
Does anyone already connect the lcd screen to the Megatronics and figured out how the pins should be connected?

I've uncommented following line and firmware should be ok.
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
Re: Megatronics with RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller
January 14, 2015 06:38PM
SainSmart sells an adapter board that plugs on top of their Megatronics 2.0 board and has two ribbon cable connectors for the GLCD.....
January 15, 2015 07:27AM
ReprapDiscount screen is not working with SainSmart Megatronics adapter. I checked pins with multimeter and I figured out both connectors are rotated 180 degrees, comparing SainSmart Full Graphic Screen vs. RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Screen. I had to modify both ribbon cable connectors (EXP1 and EXP2) by removing a clip which will avoid to connect the cable in wrong orientation. So the adapter is working but not with standard cables.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 07:28AM by topias5.
January 15, 2015 12:16PM
Instead of removing the "lock" of the ribbon cables, one can probably also just pull the plastic part of the socket from the adapter PCB turn it 180 deg and push it back on. This way, there is no danger later on to connect the ribbon cable the wrong way, if ever you need to disconnect and reconnect it. To pull the plastic housing off, I use a knife to go between the PCB and the housing.

BTW this is what I did with my Sanguinololu adapter, which also came with the connectors turned in the (for me wrong) "SainSmart" orientation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login