Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiring 3d printer fan

Posted by tolomo 
Wiring 3d printer fan
January 12, 2015 05:11AM
Hi guys, I have quite a problem with my LeapFrog 3d printer in replacing the 2 cooling fan (25mm).
The connector seem quite strange, I think it might be a JST one. Finding them in online stores is quite difficult, so I am wondering if you think is possibile to cut the wires and replace them with normal PC fan.
Can i just cut the Tacho yellow wire and connect the others? Can I really make some damage? tongue sticking out smiley
Thank you in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 11:34AM by tolomo.
Re: Wiring 3d printer fan
January 12, 2015 08:59AM
Are you referring to an JST connector perhaps?
I need to replace a fan and I am looking for instructions on how to disconnect without distroying the 6-lead JST socket on my Ormerod2.
Anyone who knows and can share some trixs?
Attachments:
open | download - 20150112_165835[1].jpg (45.5 KB)
January 12, 2015 10:40AM
Can you guys show pictures?
January 12, 2015 11:35AM
efraimalexander
Are you referring to an JST connector perhaps?

Yes I am thank you! I will upload picture as soon as I can.
January 12, 2015 11:42AM
It's interesting. I have only had the Ormerod 2 since this autumn and I have only consumed one roll of PLA. The extruder has been at 200 C at top and still the fan appears fried. It was always very noisy. I have checked old photos and the fan label was towards the inside so the fan was operating correctly and blowing / pushing air through the heat sink rather than pulling.

Now I have ordered two new fans from RepRapPro.

If this problem is occuring frequently then the heat transmission to the fan must be prevented and the JST socket should be easier to change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 11:56AM by efraimalexander.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login