Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop wiring?

Posted by JP 
JP
Endstop wiring?
January 10, 2015 09:14AM
I am almost there with my printer build but my endstops are not registering.
I run a test print of a cube bypassing the home command in the gcode and that runs fine

I purchased the electronics kit from Gadgets3D and have used their PDF build guide and firmware.

In the PDF (page 102) the wire colouring changes between the photos?.

I am not versed in electronics but I was able to follow the step by step instructions up until this point..

The wires provided are ordered red black blue and the switch legs are labelled Com NO NC

Could some kind hearted person provide simple instructions for me to get these 3 up and running.

[gadgets3d.com]
[gadgets3d.com]
Re: Endstop wiring?
January 10, 2015 02:36PM
You don't need the red wire.
Black and blue on com and no.
JP
January 11, 2015 08:48AM
Thanks for the info but that doesn't really tell me what wire goes where on the switch or the board (Ramps 1.4).
January 11, 2015 05:03PM
Have you looked at the diagram on page 103 of the manual, and if so, what is it about that diagram that you don't understand?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 05:04PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
JP
January 11, 2015 05:20PM
It all up and running now.smiling smiley

Should have really calibrated the printer first before printing a 20mm test cube....... but at least it resembles a cube.:p

Cheers guys.
JP
January 11, 2015 05:22PM
dc42
Have you looked at the diagram on page 103 of the manual, and if so, what is it about that diagram that you don't understand?

It was the wire colouring that was throwing me off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login