Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nema 17 Connectors

Posted by Ikiwi 
Nema 17 Connectors
December 15, 2014 05:08AM
Dear community,

What I need to buy are the plugs that are used with the Nema 17 stepper motors.

It reads in the description, that most of the stepper motors have "S6B-PH-K" build in.

But after searching this term it only gives me connectors to buy, but what i need are the plugs. And this is somehow impossibe to find for me.
Can somebody please tell me what they are called, and where I can order a pack of 100 with the crimp-contacts?

Thank you!
Re: Nema 17 Connectors
December 15, 2014 07:47AM
Ikiwi
Dear community,

What I need to buy are the plugs that are used with the Nema 17 stepper motors.

It reads in the description, that most of the stepper motors have "S6B-PH-K" build in.

But after searching this term it only gives me connectors to buy, but what i need are the plugs. And this is somehow impossibe to find for me.
Can somebody please tell me what they are called, and where I can order a pack of 100 with the crimp-contacts?

Thank you!

Try Digikey
December 15, 2014 10:33AM
"NEMA 17" is just a description of the bolt pattern dimensions. There isn't any specification that say what the wire lead connector to the motor needs to be, but they are often a connector make by JST (Japan Solderless connector). They are often referred to just as a JST connector similar to Molex, but that's just the manufacturer, not a specific connector. Your particular stepper may not have 6 pins like that is shown. You could have 4, 6, or 8 pins.

The link provide by Dougal1957 is a possible connector if you have a 6 pin motor with a S6B-PH-K mate. If you scroll down in the table on that page there's a section labeled "Associated Product" that has the pins that are compatible for that connector.
December 15, 2014 02:11PM
Thank you both!

I will try this type of connector,

@cdru:
Yes this is true, but i have seen a lot of thouse connectors on nema 17 so i thought it will be good to mention it. Of coures this is not a "connection standard"
Sometimes it is better than nothing winking smiley

Sincerly
Ikiwi
December 15, 2014 02:16PM
Ikiwi
Thank you both!

I will try this type of connector,

@cdru:
Yes this is true, but i have seen a lot of thouse connectors on nema 17 so i thought it will be good to mention it. Of coures this is not a "connection standard"
Sometimes it is better than nothing winking smiley

Sincerly
Ikiwi

Note that some NEMA motors don't have connectors at all and just have the wires coming out of a hole if they do have JST Connectors then you can get ready made cables from Robotdigg for $0.80 each (these have a JST 6 way for the Motor end and a 4 way DuPont at the other end of a 1 meter cable set

HTH

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login