Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't upload FW to Azteeg X1

Posted by Ryan_M 
Can't upload FW to Azteeg X1
November 19, 2014 11:05PM
Trying to flash firmware for my first time and cannot get it to go.

I get an error that says:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I've followed the wiki...
- tried arduino IDE 0022 and 0023
- made sure the com port shows up and is selected in the software
- got and used the sanguino patch and made sure proper board is selected in IDE
- tried various baud setting on the com port
- tried internal and USB power
- yes the reset jumper is in place
- tried different USB cables
- reset, rebooted, re-downloaded, and re-installed everything a few times
- wiki said Win7 would get the driver itself, which it did. When that didn't work I downloaded the driver in the wiki and same result

I googled this and seems to be a pretty common problem. I've tried most of the suggestions I've found which is why my list above is so long. beyond what I've tried involves lifting a pin on one of the chips, which I think should be unnecessary plus this is a brand new kit and that would likely void a warranty. The other thing I saw mentioned was re-flashing the boot loader but that is beyond me and wouldn't want to proceed with that without guidance.

Thanks for any help,
Ryan
Re: Can't upload FW to Azteeg X1
November 20, 2014 08:38AM
Assuming this is not a cheap clone, have you contacted the makers ?

In the past I think they were pretty responsive.
And they will know all the problems that the specificity of their boards will trigger.

[www.panucatt.com] I believe

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
November 20, 2014 11:43AM
Thanks I'll give that a try. I notice though that the patch lets me select between v1.0 and v1.5, yet the panucatt site shows v2.0 as the last version made which looks exactly like the version I have.
November 20, 2014 06:22PM
I snapped the mini USB port off of mine by accident recently and am now trying to hook in via the J2 sockets on the board with a USB to TTL cable. The board reacts fine and the PC recognizes it as a Comm port again but Rep Host doesn't [really] connect. I get a similar avrdude: error when trying to re-flash the firmware. I feel mine may be a driver issue but further insight and direction toward a fix is certainly much appreciated.

My back up plan of using a RAMPS/Mega set up is also kicking my ass, but that's for somewhere else.

MC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login