Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

desperate help!! Im a newbie!

Posted by bolerito 
desperate help!! Im a newbie!
November 13, 2014 09:09PM
First, thank in advance for the help. I just bought a prusa i3 [www.3dprintersonlinestore.com] but all the instructions are in chinesse, so far by the pictures given I mange to complete the build. right now the only thing that has me away from printing (I guess) its the electronics part, the electronics says its a MKS Gen V1.1 [www.banggood.com] the issue is that i can get it to connect to my computer, seems like a driver problem, anything to help to fix this would be great!!!
Re: desperate help!! Im a newbie!
November 13, 2014 10:37PM
Typical junk...

Tells you everything but what you need to know, ie what usb to serial driver it uses

but I did find [yun.baidu.com]

The top archive has ftdi ft232 chip drivers in it.

This is what you need. or equivalent drivers from ftdi

NB you might want to google ftdigate if you using windows... is this still an on going issue? not a windows user so haven’t had to worry about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2014 11:30PM by Dust.
November 14, 2014 09:37PM
Im going to check that out now and hope that solves the issue. today the response that they sent says : you need to change from windows 8 to windows 7. I dont know, but is ok if I switch to a pc running on linux? I got a spare laptop and I guess I could convert it to run on linux, any other suggestions?
November 15, 2014 04:53AM
I personally recommend linux for reprap. Stops issues like Microsoft randomly rebooting your pc to apply updates at 3am, even though you have set it to not apply updates... but thats just my preference.

Most reprap software is platform independent. It will run on any common OS

And a ftdi driver is available for common os's
February 11, 2015 08:36AM
FYI! most prusa i3 are same in the way of builds, just need different settings for different parts, most guides should be fine!

www.3dfilamenta.com - International Sales Platform for 3D Printing Products
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login