Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino

Posted by IchibahnSLC 
Problem with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino
October 15, 2014 06:13PM
I'd like to say I'm new to the forum. I look forward to the support that you all seem to give each other.

With that here is my problem:

I just received my ramps boards and my arduino mega2560's. I installed marlin via usb cable to the adruino and then proceeded to hook everything together for a dry run. My problem is that I'm using repetier host to print, the board is recognized and it connects but none of the motors will move when I give the commands. I seem to be getting power to both the adruino and ramps as the LED's light up.

I have:
Adruino2560
Ramps 1.4 (ebay)
DRV8825 (Pololo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 10:34PM by IchibahnSLC.
Re: Problem with Ramps 1.4 and Adruino
October 15, 2014 08:53PM
Did you hook up a power supply to the RAMPS? The USB/Arduino power may turn on the LEDs, but it does NOT power the motors or heaters.
October 15, 2014 09:33PM
jbernardis
Did you hook up a power supply to the RAMPS? The USB/Arduino power may turn on the LEDs, but it does NOT power the motors or heaters.

Yes, I have the power hooked up and it is wired correctly. Power supply is good because I've been using it for other projects.
October 16, 2014 05:30PM
Send M119 to the printer to report end stop status. If they're all triggered the motors won't move. If they are, invert them in the firmware.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
October 16, 2014 09:40PM
3dkarma
Send M119 to the printer to report end stop status. If they're all triggered the motors won't move. If they are, invert them in the firmware.

Got the endstops figured out. Now the problem is that the single drive I have installed causes the motor to buzz and not move. Is there a difference in the wiring for the DRV8825 on the connector. Right now I have it connected, from left to right, blue yellow green red.
Re: Problem with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino
October 17, 2014 04:03PM
Problem solved. I loaded the repetier firmware and it now works after some voltage adjustment. New problem is that the motor will only move 1/10 of what it is supposed to. I'll start a new thread in the stepper section for that.
October 17, 2014 04:48PM
Have you set the stepper jumpers on the RAMPS board beneath the driver?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
October 17, 2014 05:03PM
I have. All 3 jumpers are installed. I use repetier host to move 50mm? and it moves 5mm.
October 17, 2014 05:06PM
Check your steps per mm setting? It may be off by a factor of 10. Use the reprap calculator to get the correct settings for your printer.

October 17, 2014 06:12PM
3dkarma
Check your steps per mm setting? It may be off by a factor of 10. Use the reprap calculator to get the correct settings for your printer.

Thank you! I got the X-axis going correctly. Now to move on to the next one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login