Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RUMBA BOARD connect to K-TYPE Thermocouple

Posted by sxc5757 
RUMBA BOARD connect to K-TYPE Thermocouple
September 25, 2014 04:36PM
Hello Everyone,

I am using a RUMBA board for my 3D printer and have uploaded Marlin Firmware to run it. I am using repetier host and pronterface 3d printing softwares to run my printer.
The marlin firmware software runs fine and connects the board to the softwares. I am able to jog my X, Y and Z axis as well. The extruder motor, fans and the heater also works.

The Extruder I am using is a Single head extruder ready to print from makers geek. below is a link to that.
[www.makergeeks.com]

This extruder has a k-type thermocouple to it.

I am not able to understand how to connect the K-type thermocouple to the RUMBA Board?

My Extruder axis, heater, fans and the motors run completely fine but I am not able to connect the thermocouple and also could not get any information about it.

Can anybody please help me with this issue, it will be a great help.

Thank you
Regards,
Re: RUMBA BOARD connect to K-TYPE Thermocouple
September 26, 2014 03:17AM
From looking at the RUMBA entry on the RepRap wiki, it appears to me that, like most other boards, it doesn't support thermocouples, just thermistors. So you need to use a thermocouple amplifier chip and feed the output into one of the ADC inputs. Search for 'MAX31855 breakout'. Then modify the firmware to suit the output provided by the thermocouple amplifier.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login