Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-assign driver on Azteeg board

Posted by Gonetotx 
Re-assign driver on Azteeg board
September 05, 2014 07:17PM
I have an Azteeg X3 Pro controller operating a RepRapPro Mendel Tri-color 3d printer. I was having trouble with the z-axis drive and was in the process of adjusting the speeds when I inadvertently installed the SD8825 driver upside down and powered it up. When I corrected the error and installed the driver properly I find that the z-axis does not move - no sound or motion. I have tried the following...

1) installed a different SD8825 driver from a working axis - no effect

2) checked the voltage setting on the driver (still .7 volts)

3) installed a new motor on the z-axis (no effect)

4) checked to see if any fuses blown (none)

5) checked operation of the x and y axis drives (work properly)

I do not plan to use the E4 or E5 drives on this board. If the existing z-axis drive is damaged beyond repair, can I substitute one of these extra drives? How do I set up the board to make this change? I'm using Arduino Configuration H to set parameters. Do I need to reassign the drive via this file?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Gonetotx
Re: Re-assign driver on Azteeg board
September 05, 2014 09:25PM
You need to look in pin.h and swap the definitions from Z to E4 for your board

type 68 in Marlin, Your E4 etc is defined here [github.com]
Z is here [github.com]

swap the enable, step and direction lines.
September 08, 2014 07:45PM
Dust,

I appreciate your timely response but I need more detailed instructions for changing the pin designations. I tried to follow your instructions but could not get anywhere. Sorry!

When I open Arduino, I then do a File -> Open -> pins.h.

At this point I can either double click on pins.h file and pull up the Marlin screen where I don't know where to go, or I can right click the pins.h file to pull up what looks like a word document, make the pins swap between Z and E4, save this, upload the file to my printer and then nothing happens again. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can you please walk me through the key strokes.

Regards,

Gonetotx
September 08, 2014 08:43PM
Please follow the links I provided, it take you to the correct lines you need to change.
September 08, 2014 09:57PM
Dust,

Is the following correct?

Open the Arduino file
Open the pin.h file by highlighting it from the list and then right clicking on it
This opens the pin.h file as a WordPad document.
Swap the pin numbers between Z and E4
Save the document
Upload everything into my printer

Gonetotx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login