Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

eBay power supplies

Posted by pugzor 
eBay power supplies
August 28, 2014 02:18AM
Hi all,

What are the experiences everyone has had with power supplies sourced from eBay? There are some pretty good prices floating around there that make it difficult to ignore as an alternative, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were made in the same locations their higher-priced cousins were...

Sorry if this has been asked before! I did have a quick check but looking for power supplies brings up a lot of unrelated topics.
Re: eBay power supplies
August 28, 2014 11:24AM
For most eBay power supplies, I would recommend getting one with extra amperage compared to what you need since most are cheaply made in China and the quality& ratings are usually over stated. Best not to run those at their full rating. Plus, when you run them below their max rating they usually run cooler and at higher efficiency.
Re: eBay power supplies
August 29, 2014 06:33PM
I've been using one of these power supplies [www.ebay.co.uk] for several months to power my dual nozzle Ormerod. I am using the 12V 25A version. I printed a cover to go over the terminals, see [www.thingiverse.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login