Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

includin reprap in cnc machine

Posted by goaran 
includin reprap in cnc machine
March 11, 2010 04:17PM
Hi there,

at the time im building a little cnc-machine..
till now it looks like this:

cause the mechanics (3D-movement) is very similar to a reprap i thought of just including the extruder as additional tool instead of the milling tool.

now my question.
is there anything i have to consider when choosing the electronics for the stepper-motors? The mill will be controld by the emc² software over the parallel-port.
Is it possible to connect the reprap PCB to such kind of steppercontrol?

what parts would i need for it? extruder/PCBs..?

thanks in advance
Re: includin reprap in cnc machine
March 11, 2010 08:33PM
See here: [objects.reprap.org]

---
New cutting edge RepRap electronics, ARM 32 bits @ 100MHz runs RepRap @ 725mm/s:

[www.3dprinting-r2c2.com]
March 13, 2010 02:20PM
goaran, don't forget you're welcome to document your build on the wiki.

Also, (Deutschland RepRap Benutzergruppe) -> [dev.forums.reprap.org]

What thickness extruded aluminum is that? ~2.5 cm?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
March 26, 2010 07:44PM
first thanks for the answers...

@casainho : thans for the link.. thats perfekt.. i wanted to run the mill with emc² anyhow so i just need the extruder..

@sebastien: its a 40mm item profile.. the total size of the machine is about 500x300x250 ore something... and the workingarea will be 300x200x100

ive got all parts together now... when its finised ill put a documentation in the wiki...
April 05, 2010 12:38AM
ive got all parts together now... when its finised ill put a documentation in the wiki...

Don't forget you can do it all in German, and have someone else translate into English.smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 05, 2010 03:16AM
If you want to have the extruder tool head as an optional item it may be worth considering puting together a more self contained feed/extruder.

Have a look at some of the add on MIG units for TIG welders for inspiration.

You get a reel/dispenser, pinch wheel driver etc in one unit that feeds the weld wire down a feed tube.

In our case it could be a Bowden extruder with the thermister and heater cables tie wrapped (or spiral bound etc) to it.

The existing extruder electronics board with RS485 signaling could be ideal for anyone considering heading this way.

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login